PDA

View Full Version : Reaction times & bracket racing

Crawford
12-16-2002, 01:52 AM
I pulled out my slips from the TALON Classic and noticed something pretty neat:

Competition reaction times in order:

I thought this was pretty impressive especially coming from a guy that usually has consistent 1.X reaction times! Just had to brag!

In testing I was taking everyones advice on leaving when the second light turned off and was getting pretty consistent .7XX's. In competition I decided to "bolt" when I saw the second light come on, worked pretty well for me.

I need to get better at picking a dialin. I stayed at 12.9 the whole time and ran respectively: 12.99, 13.10, 13.32, 13.21. I ran a best of 12.67 that day and was launching very lightly in order to guarantee traction on the street tires and I didn't want to spin off the line and loose. I wanted to raise my dialin but was afraid the cooling temperatures would cause me to break out. The traction was a problem so I just didn't know what to do. I need to get some slicks and traction bars then go back to the drawing board. I don't think anyone can expect to stay consistent with radials I guess. I was just plain lucky I got that semi finalist trophy.

Would anyone find value in keeping a TALON best reaction time list?

Red2002
12-16-2002, 09:22 AM
I would suggest a set of Nitto Drag Radials. After a good warm-up, I've never run anything worse than a 1.88 60ft. Almost every 60ft. falls within the 1.79-1.88 range and requires no swapping tires, etc.

Might be worth a shot. You can borrow mine if we're at the track together again.