PDA

View Full Version : Any extra tow vehicles?

L8 APEX
09-12-2007, 05:21 PM
I just got off the phone with the serivce writer. He says they have the cab off and are pulling the heads. They do not know if it is heads only or if the block has been hurt. Either way it may not be ready for L Fest. Is there anyone with a 2500 hook up just in case?

L8 APEX
09-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Tifton's dad has a fleet of these things doesn't he?:icon_eek:

03LightningRocks
09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I just got off the phone with the serivce writer. He says they have the cab off and are pulling the heads. They do not know if it is heads only or if the block has been hurt. Either way it may not be ready for L Fest. Is there anyone with a 2500 hook up just in case?

If they don't get her ready in time, your more than welcome to load up your tools and shit. You can work out of my trailer for the weekend. Now that doesn't help if anyone needs a trailer ride home, but it does give you a way to help any of the fellers if they need work done while there.

If for some reason I back out, You would be able to borrow my twofitty, but I really am trying to go. So that option isn't likely.

I would never say dookie. I said http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/sh_t.gif...http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/sh_t.gif...http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/sh_t.gif...http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/sh_t.gif!!!!!

L8 APEX
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
That may help a lot. Dirty John was wanting a way to get his truck home since he has to fly out on Sunday for work. I guess I could drive it back for him:icon_eek:. If anyone broke could we set yours on the street? That is what we did with Wes' last year when Ronnie broke. Mark may have to go slow and save yet another year...:hammer:

03LightningRocks
09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
.........If anyone broke could we set yours on the street? That is what we did with Wes' last year when Ronnie broke. Mark may have to go slow and save yet another year...:hammer:

That would work. As long as I don't trash my transmission. But it gives us something to work with. The price for the tow home would be fuel for two trucks...:tu:. The diesel...and the Lightning.

tiffo60
09-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Tifton's dad has a fleet of these things doesn't he?:icon_eek:

we have a couple:icon_mrgreen:, but i dont think i could let them go un supervised:evil

03LightningRocks
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
we have a couple:icon_mrgreen:, but i dont think i could let them go un supervised:evil

Looks like you have to go.

wesman
09-13-2007, 12:18 PM

lol...I'd tell them that you need a loner for the weekend for some pre-planned work you have to do. They probably wont notice the extra 3k for a couple days :rll::rll:

TXLIGHTNING
09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
lol...I'd tell them that you need a loner for the weekend for some pre-planned work you have to do. They probably wont notice the extra 3k for a couple days :rll::rll: Good idea :evil

slick-svt
09-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Your luck you'll get a ranger or escape.....:confused:

L8 APEX
09-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Well they wouldn't loan a 250 for the distance. But a buddy at work loaned me this 98 GMC with a 4.3L V6 for great fuel economy. I am hooked up and ready to go!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/CIMG0182.JPG

Chris94L
09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Haha, could that truck even pull that trailer empty?

L8 APEX
09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Hell yeah it's a GM truck! I just pulled it from the bumper no weight dist hitch needed. There is no plug for the trailer connector or safety chain points but that is just minor details. I don't plan on doing much stopping anyway. It's all highway to L Fest! I was going to set it on the ATV but I thought that might be a little much.:icon_eek:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/CIMG0183.JPG

03LightningRocks
09-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Isn't it a little bit dangerous towing something that far exceeds the weight ratings of the truck? I suppose you won't be putting anything in the trailer for the ride home??? Have you lost your mind?

I can just see the headlines now. "Driver looses control of trailer, takes out 20 Lightnings." :eek:

L8 APEX
09-17-2007, 12:25 AM
John is paying me to carry his gen 1 back from L Fest:cool: Unless someone else breaks. Think of all the money I will save on diesel. This truck is getting 24 mpg under hard driving. Tow ratings are just a suggestion for amateurs I am a professional tow boss.

03LightningRocks
09-17-2007, 01:24 AM
John is paying me to carry his gen 1 back from L Fest:cool: Unless someone else breaks. Think of all the money I will save on diesel. This truck is getting 24 mpg under hard driving. Tow ratings are just a suggestion for amateurs I am a professional tow boss.

Your going to do this with a bumper hitch? This proves you are NOT a tow boss and you very well could end up killing somebody doing this. John is nuts if he let's you put his truck in that trailer and tow it with that truck. I believe I willl be staying away from your rig on this trip. You really need to think hard about this one Terry. Unless their is something done to that tinker toy of a truck that your not mentioning in some kind of attempt to appear "macho" to some of the "kids" on this forum, to me your looking like you have lost your mind:cool:.

Ohmsby
09-17-2007, 07:21 AM
What if we just use a tow rope it would be easier on the gm

whitelightning'02
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
What if we just use a tow rope it would be easier on the gm

:rll::rll::rll:

gagspa
09-17-2007, 07:59 AM
If I thought that that the wife wouldn't kill me, I would take off and drive the L up with you guys. I could use the L to pull whatever you needed. But alas, my life is worth more to me. :(

L8 APEX
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
You may be right Rocks.. Maybe Jason will let us borrow his Tundra. I know it is rated to pull 10K lbs by the manufacturer. That way we would be nice and safe.

Silver_2000
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
You may be right Rocks.. Maybe Jason will let us borrow his Tundra. I know it is rated to pull 10K lbs by the manufacturer. That way we would be nice and safe.

Keep in mind that the people who read this forum - are or were potential customers of PR

L8 APEX
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Keep in mind that the people who read this forum - are or were potential customers of PR
Then I hope they are like Ohmsby by paying cash up front and having a great sense of humor:icon_eek:. What's life worth if we can't have a little fun now and then. Everytime I try to have a little fun on here I get whipped:tex

03LightningRocks
09-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I sure am glad folks find this amusing. There is nothing funny about a person risking the lives of others out of ignorance. Problem is, the guy who does stupid sh!t like this can kill innocent folks. Terry may have some kind of death wish, but I bet most of the other drivers on the road want to live. Terry knows better. He used to give me sh!t about hauling my open trailer and truck with my F150 Lariate, and that rig was 1500 lbs under the rated tow capacity of my Lariat.

These car haulers are heavy, tall and have big flat front ends that catch air and add to the load. A couple good stiff breezes and that trailer will be yanking that bumper right the fock off the truck. It also will be trying to pull that tinker toy off the road. Hell, I remember the first few times Terry pulled his car hauler. He posted all over the damned place about "control" issues in wind...and that was with a truck rated to tow it.

I hope this is all just a joke and Terry is putting some kind of payload increasing mods on the truck, but if it isn't and that truck hasn't had some work done to it to increase capacity, this is a real bad idea. Driving up there, it will probably be alright, but once it get's the extra weight of a truck parked in the trailer, the rest of you fellers may want to stay far ahead of this rig.

Rocks:beer:

SILVER2000SVT
09-17-2007, 12:06 PM

I know you are being sarcastic about their tow rating, but so far this truck is living up to everything that is claimed. This is from both personal experience and from some of the threads I've read on the Tundra forums. It's only officially rated as a 1/2 ton but tow rating and bed capacity is close to most of 3/4 tons out there. My only real concern is reliability with all the new designs they used, time will tell.

If I were going I would most likely be trailering my lightning up there with the Tundra. I really want to go but after just being on vacation for a week two weeks ago and leading a major project here at work it's just not going to happen this year.

tiffo60
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
dear god cant you people take a joke:throw:

diablolightning
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey terry if you want i can loan you my ranger. 2.3 good gas and it's a 5spd so it can handle the load. Oh and it has new tires.:cool:

L8 APEX
09-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey terry if you want i can loan you my ranger. 2.3 good gas and it's a 5spd so it can handle the load. Oh and it has new tires.:cool:
Sweet does it have dark tinted windows so I can pick my nose is privacy:icon_eek:. Do you have a flip screen DVD player I like to watch my movies on road trips. I was thinking a manual transmission would be a lot better for a heavy load. Does it have granny gear 1st gear? I have a tarp to tie over the bed for better aerodynamics and fuel economy. I think I will put a couple drums of race fuel in the bed of the truck for weight so I can pull more weight safely.

diablolightning
09-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Sweet you got the idea. it does have tint, shit you coould tow a trailer home with it.

lol

but on another note, i had to use it to park my 18fter at my house ( I usualy store it at my uncles)the Screw was too long and didn't want to hit neighbor fences:nono:. it was pretty funny because the trailer has a winch, battery, tool box and straps on thefront so it weighd it down but the ranger held it's own, poor thing:banana:. No body should be able steal my trailer, well uless they take out my neighbors fence. big chain etc.

L8 APEX
09-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah back when Jimmy had a house we kept his 24' enclosed trailer in the back yard. We had to use 2 door blazers to get it in and out of the back yard. 1) because the space was too tight for his crew cab dually and 2) because it was usually wet or muddy and you had to use 4wd to move it between the trees and fences. It was a real challenge Jimmy and I were to only two who could get it in and out without hitting the corner of the house or fence. it took mad trailerin' skillz.:cool:

03LightningRocks
09-17-2007, 10:11 PM
dear god cant you people take a joke:throw:

Usually...a joke is funny. Terry does alot of risky stuff. So there would be no reason to think he is joking about this one. You will understand this after you have been around and known Terry as long as some of us.

diablolightning
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
the way i looked at was he couldn't be serious, then i remember towing a small sedan on my trailer (open carhauler) with my sister's 07 v6 sierra, the truck was strugglin but wasn't toot too bad i guess, can't imagen it with a enclosed 24 fter, tools, jacks, just equiptment, and maybe a truck in it,lol:rll:

L8 APEX
09-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I thought I would get my truck back Monday. The dealer called today and siad the mechanic was sick last week and the parts just came today. So it will be Friday at the earliest. I spent all day Sunday cleaning the trailer, loading the trailer, serivcing bearings, adjusting the brakes etc.. I am sick I am just gonna stay here and moap.

03LightningRocks
09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Terry,

Your still more than welcomed to throw your sh!t in my trailer and work out of it for the weekend. I don't cart much extra stuff and have plenty of room. I also have plenty of room in the back of my F250. I have the tonneau cover, so it is all under lock and key.

Call me on the phone if you want to take me up on the offer. You have my number.

L8 APEX
09-18-2007, 01:46 PM
The most important thing I need is my tool box. It is about 400 lbs we would have to unload your Lightning and roll it in the back. Do you have tie down anchors to keep it off the truck? Plus I have my trailer on a dead end street so I would have to cart my stuff to the end of the block to load it in your trailer. We would have to do that tonight or tomorrow night before you loaded your truck. Which would mean you towing your trailer over to Lewisville to load my junk... It all sounds like a big hassle at this point.
My gear list is:
Tool cart
parts bin
rolling air compressor
3500W generator
canopies
chairs

Moonshine
09-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Usually...a joke is funny. Terry does alot of risky stuff. So there would be no reason to think he is joking about this one. You will understand this after you have been around and known Terry as long as some of us.

I was comfortable that he was joking.

03LightningRocks
09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
I was comfortable that he was joking.

I was too...at first. But when he started posting like he was serious...I got a bit nervous. I'll admit it. The sum bitch had me thinking he was really about to do it.

03LightningRocks
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
The most important thing I need is my tool box. It is about 400 lbs we would have to unload your Lightning and roll it in the back. Do you have tie down anchors to keep it off the truck? Plus I have my trailer on a dead end street so I would have to cart my stuff to the end of the block to load it in your trailer. We would have to do that tonight or tomorrow night before you loaded your truck. Which would mean you towing your trailer over to Lewisville to load my junk... It all sounds like a big hassle at this point.
My gear list is:
Tool cart
parts bin
rolling air compressor
3500W generator
canopies
chairs

Hey Terry...you didn't bring this idea up this afternoon at my orifice. I can still do it this way because I am not loading the truck until tommorrow afternoon. Call me when you find out what time I need to meet you there. Maybe your lunch break or something.

L8 APEX
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Dealer called at 10am truck is done!

wesman
09-21-2007, 02:39 PM

Want me to go pick it up and break it for you....errr break it in for you :evil:evil

L8 APEX
09-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah tow your L up here and we'll raise hell. Don't forget the NX and Corwns!

wesman
09-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah tow your L up here and we'll raise hell. Don't forget the NX and Corwns!

lol...I would but I'm likely heading out for the next DD in the next day or so.....everyone here will be appalled but I think it will be nice. It will give me a chance to see what my L can really do because it will be released from it's DD duties all together.

You guys have fun up there and be safe.

--wes

diablolightning
09-22-2007, 08:13 AM

Dang a day too late hugh. oh well you guys have fun. I know i'm gonna try i got pit and box passes for ennis today:nana2. no lightning fest but i'll make the best of it.

hey T did they get those studs on there?

L8 APEX
09-22-2007, 12:34 PM
They said the put my studs in.

Alpine
09-23-2007, 10:48 PM
lol...I would but I'm likely heading out for the next DD in the next day or so.....everyone here will be appalled but I think it will be nice.

--wes

Rumble Bee??? :evil :tex

L8 APEX
09-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Nah its a Super Bee in mojo yellow with a spoiler on the bed:icon_eek: