PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems???

03LightningRocks
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
My wipers on my F250 will occasionally come on for no reason at all. Since it does it willy nilly, the dealer said they don't know what to fix. Any ideas?

Another issue started about 3 weeks ago. The A/C control panel just blacks out as if no power is getting to it. Then it will light back up and start working as if nothing is wrong...WTF???

L8 APEX
09-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Never heard of those issues. We usually attribute wiper issues to the multifunction switch. Not sure about the A/C panel.

Moonshine
09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
The A/C control panel just blacks out as if no power is getting to it. Then it will light back up and start working as if nothing is wrong...WTF???

Mine did that once also. Turned the truck off, checked the fuses (which were all good), restarted it, and it came back on.

My other electrical gremlin is the reminder chime if you leave the keys in the ignition and open the door works sometimes, other times not.

Haven't had the wiper problem........yet.

03LightningRocks
09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Mine did that once also. Turned the truck off, checked the fuses (which were all good), restarted it, and it came back on.

My other electrical gremlin is the reminder chime if you leave the keys in the ignition and open the door works sometimes, other times not.

Haven't had the wiper problem........yet.

I checked the same things and no problems found. It has done it about a half dozen times now and the last time it did it, the darn thing stayed off for several miles.

Now that you mentioned it, my reminder chime is hit and miss also.

Maybe we are expecting too much for a 40K truck, but these kind of problems just piss me off at Ford everytime they happen.