PDA

View Full Version : Back to stock

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think my truck will make L Fest in its current condition. I am going to take time this holiday weekend and start putting it back to stock. I will try to get it in to the dealer for warranty engine work next week. With luck they will approve the repair and get it back to me in time for L Fest. Just in case we may need to locate a backup tow vehicle. Maybe Ivanhoe or Josh will have one laying around:twitch:. Agh, this sucks if I have to put it back to stock I'd rather just trade it in. But I have been lurking on the Dodge and Ford forums and both are having problems with their new setups.

04SVTRACING
08-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey Terry....I just bought a 2007 Dodge 2500 but it still has the 5.9 cummins. There are still a few around. I really like my truck. I don't know what exactly you are looking for if you were to buy a new one. I bought mine through a wholesale lot in Weatherford, I don't think I could have got a better deal. He still has a few 2007's with the 5.9 out on his lot. If you are interested let me know and I can give you his number or tell you where he is located if you want to take a look around.

tiffo60
08-30-2007, 10:35 AM
cant go wrong with a 5.9 cummins, just stay away from the automatic, we have had our 03 since new and it has 76k on it and I think the tranny is starting to act up, but the motor and 4wd on it is stout and havent had any trouble out of it.

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Just ordered an 800 dollar set of head studs, holy rectal exam Batman!:icon_eek:

L8 APEX
09-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I got the whole stock exhaust on it today. It is whisper quiet and sucking balls! I floor it around every turn is anger and frustration. I am beating it like a step child now and it won't go anywhere or make any noise...:icon_eek:

slick-svt
09-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I have to change my pulley and all other crap everytime I take mine in also...I hate it

L8 APEX
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I pulled my gauge pod today so I officially hate my truck now. I had to cut the trans temp capillary line. Autometer uses a space age thread pitch so I can't source a plug locally... Pulled the EGT out of the exhaust manifold, boost line out of the intake and cut my airbag controls out. This makes me sick. I'm gonna sell all my heavy stuff and buy another vette or something fun.:icon_eek:

slick-svt
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I pulled my gauge pod today so I officially hate my truck now. I had to cut the trans temp capillary line. Autometer uses a space age thread pitch so I can't source a plug locally... Pulled the EGT out of the exhaust manifold, boost line out of the intake and cut my airbag controls out. This makes me sick. I'm gonna sell all my heavy stuff and buy another vette or something fun.:icon_eek:
Buy another L ....hell you work on them all the time wouldn't you just love something else to work on....:burnout:

L8 APEX
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Well it is in the dealers hands now. There was a convoy of 6 leakers in the service bay. I would have taken a picture but it was raining like hell. Kind of funny to see all the 6.0's coming in for repairs, lol! I iwll let you know what they say:icon_eek:

tiffo60
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
so how did you cap off the hole where the egt sensor was?

L8 APEX
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
1/8" pipe plugs everywhere.:icon_eek: