PDA

View Full Version : New Accufab Single blade Billet Throttle Body

J.D. Blackwell
04-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Well Shannan, the man with my heads, told me that Accufab have developed a throttle body for our trucks, but I didn't think much about it until I seen the latest issue of MM&FF with the Kenne Bell supercharged Gen2. They stated that there was an incredible amount of restriction in the throttle body/upper plenum region. They said they gained an additional 17-20 rwhp, with the prototype sucker. Is this BS or not? Shannan said that Accufab really outdone thereselves this time with the new Single Blade. He also priced one to me and it wasn't really a bad deal for around $375. That beats one of those $500+ ones doesn't it?:eek:

Crawford
04-22-2002, 08:32 PM
That does sound pretty sweet, especially the price! You have to be careful with what you read coming from MM&FF though. They are pretty fameous for magically pulling horsepower out of their asses. One recent memory is that C&L MAF meter they got 30 rwhp out of and several F150online guys ran out and bought the sucker and hit the dyno to find absolutely no increase in power. They are often accused of blowing up the numbers to help their vendors sell parts. Buyer beware!

L8 APEX
04-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Amen to that Sam:tu: If you give me free vehicles, mods, track time, and pay out the wazzoo to advertise I am going to scratch your back too!

Silver_2000
04-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Saw the accufab TB at FFW this weekend... Looks pretty sweet..

Doug

Flats Man
04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
When did you have time to see the Accufab at FFW?

Silver_2000
04-23-2002, 08:56 AM
You'll love this one Fred.... JDM is selling them....

Seriuosly I did walk thru the Midway a few times... I was looking more for bikinis than anything else but .....

Doug

Flats Man
04-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Oh yea, I saw those too. They are very nice indeed!

J.D. Blackwell
04-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Are you talking about the bikinis or the throttle body?:D

Flats Man
04-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey Justin, I am a total amateur compared to Silver 2000 and Sixpipes at spotting talent. These guys can spot stuff right through a Pro 5.0 burnout!

Sixpipes
04-23-2002, 07:23 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-15336.jpg
Yes, I must admit I have quite an eye for the biotches.

Flats Man
04-24-2002, 04:10 AM
I see you have been holding out your really good stuff for later! I especially like the little Fun Ford scarf. Where did you find this one?

Silver_2000
04-24-2002, 07:26 AM
ROFLMAO

:tu:

Sixpipes
04-24-2002, 07:50 AM
She was eyeing my Jr. Dragster Dog, so we cut a deal....................... And now you know the rest of the story. :p

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
Shannan said that Accufab really outdone thereselves this time with the new Single Blade. He also priced one to me and it wasn't really a bad deal for around $375. That beats one of those $500+ ones doesn't it?:eek:

I just got off the phone with Shannan. I had to double check the price, because there has been a little contraversey over the price. Well Shannan said that price is going to be real real close on what he is going to sell them for. He is calling them ASAP to see when his order is going to be shipped. Just trying to keep things in line.

MadMax
04-24-2002, 05:33 PM
17-20HP my ass! I am cornfused why you guys don't go extrude hone on the upper intake tract... 11-12 HP...call Mike (babolt)...

90MM??? Why? The 80MM stockers are good for like 600HP...go ask Andre in Houston...alot of money waisted on needless mod parts...Andre and Jarrod...both win hands down for intelligent MOD upgrades..without all the tuner fluff!!

a few quotes from the houston bunch.....true grit..to say the least....

Onebadtk is running his stock 80mm on his truck and he has run a best of
11.41, so stock maf's perform well. I don't know what the performance gains
are with a 90mm, never tried it. A lot of people are running them, but that
does not make it the best. A Pro-M 80mm should be good for around a 600hp
motor. As long as the truck is running good with it, I will use it.

another quote...

I like the stock maf because it limits the amount of info the pcm is getting
from it so it doesn't effect the performance near as bad with bad info. Not
enough gain in a oval throttle body and new maf's for the money they cost
either. I spend more time on tweeking the little things and reducing the
weight of my truck so its not so hard on the motor and tranny. Getting the
right traction, air/fuel mix, colder air, not hot air from under the hood,
good race gas, etc are the real improvers for little or no money. :hammer:

MadMax
04-24-2002, 11:15 PM
Hi John. ACCUFAB has recently developed and oval bore, billet throttle body
for the 2000 Lightning. It will be available by the end of next week. The
throttle returns are being made at this time and should be completed mid
week. We have already been taking orders, so if you you like one, please
place it now. The cost is $459. plus shipping. All major credit cards are
accepted. Thanks for your inquiry. Donna

:rolleyes: what a buy..only 459! another Babolt knock off... :mad:

MadMax
04-25-2002, 11:49 PM
another Babolt knock off...amazing grace :mad: 17HP my ass...lets see the damned dyno report.....BS!

:nono: