PDA

View Full Version : Hand raised Sugar-gliders for sale

charlie
08-05-2007, 08:29 PM
1st. I am not a breeder. I bought 2 for my daughter, and now I have 5 of them. The breeders and stores get $175.00 to $265.00 a piece. And may or may not be tame.

I want $75.00 each. (Just for the Glider). I can supply a few day of food they like.

This is not a critter to just buy on a whim. The live up to 20 years if properly cared for. They are a social animal, and need 4 hours of attention a day, and there nocturnal. They can however learn to wake early. They have the manners , and play like a very curious cat.
These gliders are 8 weeks out of the pouch and are doing very well.

Here is a link to see pic's and all the info you need. Please read as much as you can if your truly interested in them.

http://www.glideruniversity.org/index/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

If you read enough, you will see, they really do not need to be in captivity alone.

This part is a must read.
http://www.glideruniversity.org/index/content/view/42/52/

Charlie

Chris94L
08-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Man those are cool. My cats and dogs would have a field day though if I got some.

charlie
08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
LOL bring them over. I'll let the adult female play with your pets...... Fair warning. Shes not tame, and likes no one but me, and Ashley.

Charlie

wesman
08-06-2007, 12:36 AM
They are great pets, I had one for about 4 years that I got from my Aunt and Uncle. They do take a lot of care and crave constant attention but are very cool to own.

--wes

ZeusSVT
08-06-2007, 05:52 PM
They are great pets, I had one for about 4 years that I got from my Aunt and Uncle. They do take a lot of care and crave constant attention but are very cool to own.

--wes

Do they get along with cats at all? Have a cat at home that is very relaxed, I don't think anything bothers her. Dogs, other cats, etc. don't even phase her. How do they act with cats?

wesman
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Do they get along with cats at all? Have a cat at home that is very relaxed, I don't think anything bothers her. Dogs, other cats, etc. don't even phase her. How do they act with cats?

Not sure.....I had dogs with them and it's fine. I kept him in the ball most of the time when he was out of the cage but overall he ws cool when out of his cage.

--wes

L8 APEX
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I hear they like to have a buddy glider and they like to ride around in your pocket or pouch all day. Not sure how much they pee on you:icon_lol:

charlie
08-06-2007, 10:16 PM
LOL @ Terry. Yes they will pee on you. Unless your smarter than they are, and train them not to. + their bladder is smaller than a green pea. And yes they need companionship. Or you will have to spend a minimum of 4 hours a day with them. They will literally die of loneliness.

As far as getting along with others? I've seen a lot of pictures with them getting along with cats, and dogs. Every animal is different. I personally do not let them out of the cage un-supervised. (Only time I get to be supervisor).

Charlie