PDA

View Full Version : E4OD Gurus in here please

mustgofaster
08-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I've got a spare tranny from a 95' in my garage and I plan on rebuilding it to put it in my 93'. I've never been through an automatic trans before, but since it is a spare, I have time on my side to methodically go through it with attention to every detail. Of course, I will be ordering an overhaul manual beofore I start, but can anyone give me any pointers to help me build a flawless transmission? Any specialized tools I'll be needing? (I've seen all of the specialty tools out there, but my guess is that I can get by without every one of them) Will there be any issues with the wiring harness? (I've heard that there is a difference on the MLPS connection?) Any other input?

Just some info on the truck... It is a nearly stock 93', (bumped timing, K&N, Cat-back, E-Fans, & MSD) with 205K on the clock. I want a crisper shift, but good driveability, so I don't want to get too crazy with the torque converter.
Future plans for the truck are to rebuild the engine with a 393 stroker kit & AFR heads in a couple of years. Shortly after that I plan on adding a turbo with around 10 lbs of boost. To help the tranny hold up to the abuse it will be recieving in a few years, I plan on using PTS red or super blue clutches (open to opinions) and kolene steels. For the rest of the upgrades I'm open to input from you.

Thanks!
Steve

slick-svt
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine does that very thing and I think there are some special tools required for lip seals. I'll ask him he is about to do a shift kit in my wifes 93 L.

charlie
08-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Magnetic trays, And a digital camera. :cool:

Charlie

Chris94L
08-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Magnetic trays, And a digital camera. :cool:

Charlie

I withdraw asking you to help me with my transmission :icon_eek::icon_eek:

J/K

99WhiteBeast
08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I put the Navigator converter in my 95 and it was a nice improvement over stock. Price was reasonable also.

Flats Man
08-05-2007, 07:03 AM
I bought Wes Man's old 4R100 out of his Lightning and Jimmy and L8-Apex used the internals from that tranny and put them in the E4Od case. It is supposed to make a stronger transmission. My truck is a turbo. Terry can probably give you more info on what was done to it.:icon_mrgreen:

mustgofaster
08-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Any paticular year navigator converter?

Chris94L
08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Steve for what you want you need a purpose built converter. PI, Art Carr, Circle D, etc