PDA

View Full Version : WTB Radar detector. Right away for a trip

Wht95Lightning
12-08-2002, 09:22 PM
I want a good radar detector for a trip this week. I don't take many road trips and don't want to throw down a bundle on a new one. Anybody got one for sale?

L8 APEX
12-08-2002, 09:24 PM
You could borrow one from Radio Shack or a place with a good return policy and take it back when you are done. Tell them you got a ticket or it goes off all the time.

Red2002
12-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
You could borrow one from Radio Shack or a place with a good return policy and take it back when you are done. Tell them you got a ticket or it goes off all the time.

Bwahahaha! I had a friend do that! Total W/T. :)

Gary I've got one you can borrow if you'd like. It's no V1, but it should work. It's a Cobra something-model and a woman's voice tells you "Careful, Ka band" or something to that effect. It'll scare the hell out of ya on a long, lonely, and quiet road trip. :D It's saved me many times. Let me know.

Wht95Lightning
12-09-2002, 03:37 PM
I am not sure I need it now though, the way the weather is and all. I'll be white knuckled at 75 mph as slick as it is. I couldn't hardly get away from a stop light this morning.
I will let you know by tomorrow afternoon either way.

BTW, your avitar rocks!

:beer:

Wht95Lightning
12-09-2002, 03:40 PM
Terry,

I don't think I would feel right about "borrowing" a detector from a store. Interesting concept though, worth remembering for possible future deviance.

I can't seem to find a dang flange gasket for my exhaust! :hammer:

I am hoping 5 star will have one for me later today.

wesman
12-12-2002, 01:43 AM
I have a V1 you can borrow, I have two of them, and we all know one of them isn't in use (it's owner is just sitting in the driveway still :( )

I don't know you, but if Gary and Terry say you're ok then you're ok in my book.

Let me know if you wanna borrow it.

--wes

Red2002
12-12-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by wesman
I have a V1 you can borrow, I have two of them, and we all know one of them isn't in use (it's owner is just sitting in the driveway still :( )

I don't know you, but if Gary and Terry say you're ok then you're ok in my book.

Wanna sell it? A big balla such as yourself could give a broke unemployed college student a break right? :)

I'd like to borrow it for a few days and see if they are worth the price of admission. Sounds like a fun device...

L8 APEX
12-12-2002, 09:10 AM
I never said he was okay, especially if he feels bad about borrowing something from Radio Shack:nono:

wesman
12-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Red2002
Wanna sell it? A big balla such as yourself could give a broke unemployed college student a break right? :)

I'd like to borrow it for a few days and see if they are worth the price of admission. Sounds like a fun device...

You could borrow it :) It is the one that goes into my L, but since it's down right now it's not getting much use.

--wes

Wht95Lightning
12-13-2002, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the offer of borrowing the V1. I have always wanted to see if they're as good as everybody says.

Unfortunately, I am already well into my trip. I don't think I'll have any trouble with speed traps though considering what I am driving. Due to a history of torment by some who shall remain nameless, I decline to say what vehicle I am in but it's not the L.
:crying:
j/k y'all. It's all in fun. ;)

I would be interested in purchasing that V1 though.
I'll probably be back in TX late Saturday or early Sunday.

wesman
12-13-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm not really interested in selling it, I was just gonna let you borrow it to help you out :)

It will go back in the L once I get the heads fixed.

--wes

L8 APEX
12-13-2002, 03:30 PM
I'll give you 100 bucks and a Lightning receiver hitch plug:D :banana: :twitch:

Wht95Lightning
12-15-2002, 12:56 AM
I just got home. No run-ins with Johnny Law. I just hid behind the fastest 18 wheeler and had no problems.

L8 APEX
12-15-2002, 09:56 PM
I had a 4cyl truck that would only do 55 mph once, guess I am making up for that now:D Anyway, I went down to Waco to visit a friend in school. I founnd a Grayhound bus dooinng 72-75 the hole way and drafted him for 80 miles. My mpg went from 12-31 that trip. I got a oily film of crap onn the truck though:hammer: I passed a Trooper sitting on the side of the road and he did not look too impressed:nono: Now I have a drafting story for thte grandkids someday.:twitch: