PDA

View Full Version : Slight Database problem

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 05:31 PM
There was a slight database hiccup this after noon..

We may or may not have lost posts during a short time this afternoon about 3 pm..

They were not deleted by the moderators they were lost ...

Just repost it - Sorry for any trouble.

Good news is after this hiccup I tested the database backups to be sure we wont lose more than 1 days worth. And I am now certain that the backup/restore process works.

Doug

Crawford
12-08-2002, 11:38 PM
I was wondering what happened to all my posts! :D

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
I was wondering what happened to all my posts! :D

Did you REALLY lose posts ?

Doug

Crawford
12-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Yes I updated the 1/4 and 1/8 posts and deleted all the other posts in those threads and asked a couple people in both threads to post their entries in the proper format then made 2 posts in the general section about the Hallsville Classic... all gone.

L8 APEX
12-09-2002, 12:11 AM
So did I, I want my money back! Wait... I didn't give you any:d :twitch:

Red2002
12-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Since we're on the topic of weird stuff....

...when I was over at Jeff and Mike's house, they tried logging into TALON after a Google search and the board that came up was a VBulletin board where you, Doug, were the only registered member. They couldn't get to this forum for anything. We were all weirded out, dude....:)

Silver_2000
12-09-2002, 01:33 AM
Well - **** happens... Sorry you lost the progress Crawford. I appreciate the work you are doing on the ET list

The database crashed and I restored it from backup .. The backup was only about 90 minutes old.. Nothing I could do to get the old stuff back... Sorry Guys...

While were on the subject I also deleted the attachments in the database that were more than 3 months old.

Once again.. Sorry for the trouble guys..

For $100 bucks a month each you can get phone support for this Forum.. Ill work on a paypal button for that soon. :D ;) ;)

Seriously - The upside is that the server and database has been VERY stable and reliable for 9 months now.... The clean restore and maintenance will ensure we have many more stable thousands of posts to come...

Doug

Crawford
12-09-2002, 10:20 AM
I think my reply came off the wrong way... I am not bothered by the lost posts, I will take a couple minutes to fix the et list and such no big deal... it will give me something to do today ;) I was just trying to be informative when you asked if I lost posts.

As always Doug, thanks for all your work on keeping our web presence running!