PDA

View Full Version : Score!!

Chris94L
05-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Picked up a mass air conversion kit. My buddy Josh sold one of these kits about a year ago for $750. I think his had an upgraded maf and injectors though. This setup has a Pro-M 77mm and no injectors. This is an OLD school Pro-M/Pro-flow whatever kit. It utilizes the factory computer for transmission control (will probably upgrade to a Baumann transmission control later on) and has a junction box that splits signals to goto a fox mustang computer (comes with a a3m1 which is a9l family). So the engine is controlled by the mustang mass air computer and the transmission by the factory ecu. All I will need to do when it gets here is get injectors that match the meter, or a meter that will match injectors (I have 19lb/hr, 30lb/hr, and 42lb/hr to choose from). Gave $230 shipped should be here by the end of the week. From what I have heard this was sold for $1500 new and like I said a friend sold one a year ago for $750.

http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0799.JPG
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0797.JPG
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_07941.JPG

Should run much better than the FMS kit I had on my truck for about 2 weeks. Didn't like it much I don't know if it had to do with the fuel/timing maps or my truck but it wouldn't run regular fuel without pinging and at the time I didn't want to have to run premium so I sold it.

Sixpipes
05-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I have a set of 24# injectors so let me know when you find out what size injectors you need for your Pro-M. I also have a Pro-M calibrated for #36 and a set of 36#ers and a Gen II 90mm mass (42#ers). :cool:

Chris94L
05-27-2007, 07:44 PM
The last thing I need is more injectors lol. Already have 3 different sets. I'd like to use the 42's and 90mm LMAF (that I already have both of) but in order to do that I will need an adapter for the maf and a tune to input the transfer function and other little tweaks.

Sixpipes
05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
So what size injectors does your Pro-M use? :cool:

Chris94L
05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't know yet, for the price though, it couldn't be passed up. I'll let you know if I need to buy your stuff to get me by though for a while.

Sixpipes
05-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Don't know yet, for the price though, it couldn't be passed up. I'll let you know if I need to buy your stuff to get me by though for a while.

Not really interested in selling anything, but thought I might have something that you could use via exchange. :cool:

Chris94L
05-29-2007, 02:35 AM
Talked briefly to the person that sold it to the individual I purchased it from and said he believes its a pro-m 77m cal'ed to 46lb/hr injectors, and was running 50lb/hr on it with no problem. I will have to check for sure when it gets here though it should be engraved into the top plate of the meter.

Chris94L
05-29-2007, 03:33 PM
So which direction should I go with this? Drop in the 42's and LMAF and get a tune with the transfer function for the LMAF in it? Or attempt to find a pro-m/pmas meter calibrated for 42lb/hr injectors?

Sixpipes
05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Well, I'm really not one to say because I decided to go 42# injectors with a Tweecer tuner. But I would stay with matched MAF and injectors and forget transfer function all together. I know it is suppose to be easy to do, but if it doesn't run right after everything is together, it's just one more variable you have to sort out. :cool:

Chris94L
05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
calibration box reads "spec 47s/c"

so its 47lb/hr curve for supercharged

Chris94L
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I think I am going to finally start installing stuff somewhat soon. I have 42lb injectors and a Pro-m 80mm maf w/ 42s/c calibration. I have started reading and have heard mixed results about 42's with the stock mustang computer. If I can't make it work, what would it take to give your 36lb injectors and meter a try Dennis? 36 should work for now don't think I would be able to max them out even with the blower.

Sixpipes
07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Just let me know if you need them. I bought the Pro-M 77 from Jeff Sparkman so you can have it for what I paid if you're interested. :cool: