PDA

View Full Version : Hallsville info summary

Silver_2000
12-07-2002, 02:25 AM
Sorry this is so late... Was at ER all nite...

The track is in Hallsville texas. The easy way used to be to go east on 20 ( see construction detour note below ) to the only Hallsville exit ( exit 604 - route 450 ) and then turn left and go north. ( the chevron on the left after you turn north is the ONLY C-store you Will pass on the way to the track in Hallsville. There is an autoparts place on the right in town )

Go thru town on other side of town about 1.5 miles on the right the track JUMPS out at ya after a couple curves in the road... Gates open at 11

The Dallas folks are meeting in 2 waves

One group is meeting at IHOP at Spring Valley and 75 EARLY ( next to Bonedaddys) leaving IHOP at 8:00 to head to the Sonic in Balch springs where the rest of the crowd will be waiting. The sonic is at the Elam road exit off 635 ( elam is right exit or 2 north of 20 on 635 ) Get off at Elam exit and turn left go up one light and look to the left to see the Sonic and the Lightnings in the big parking lot across the street from sonic.

Leave Sonic at 9:00 am sharp. Head out on 20 going east. 20 has construction just before Canton exits. The backups cost us over 2 hours on the way back to dallas last week. We are detouring around that area then back to 20 past the contruction..

If you have FRS radios bring them. Channel 5.4 ... We may get someone to tell the "urban legend of the 6 lightnings that drove that route in a high speed pack one Sunday" over the radios on the way out there.

The track sells 104 octane unleaded for 5 bucks a gallon. My goal is to get to Hallsville with less than 1/8 th of a tank so I can add 4 gallons of 104.. If you hear ANY pinging in the cold weather on the way to the track you should consider spending a few bucks on race gas...

Here is 99whitebeasts proposed detour

Detour route- best way IMO
Take Lake Tawakoni exit (Hwy 47)
1. Turn right at stop sign and go towards Canton
2. Junction at St. Hwy 243 (5.09 miles)
3. Turn left onto 243 and continue thru Canton to 64 (10.7 miles)
4. Turn right (East) ON 64 and go to second flashing yellow to junction with FM1306 (3.39 miles)
5. Turn left onto FM1306 and proceed to I20 (3.78 miles)

This beats the cluster that Doug referenced due to construction.