PDA

View Full Version : How to fight theft

L8 APEX
05-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I was visiting with a few friends last night and the subject of truck burglary came up. One guy who travels a lot for work has had his truck broken into at airports and hotels 6-7 times in 3 years! He has an 04 F250 crew cab truck. They have stolen misc items from clothes, luggage, laptop, hand tools, guns etc.. So his solution to the problem was to remove the back seat and bolt in a job box. It is awesome he's my hero:beer:. Once he parked at the Sheraton in Houston and went inside to check in. He parked close to the front. He came out minutes later and all his stuff was gone, in minutes... of course what else would you expect in Houston:rolleyes:. His is black and about the size of an ice chest.
http://www.advancedhandling.com/toolboxes/Jobox.gif
I remember when they broke in David's Harley right in front of Olive Garden on a Sunday afternoon.

TXLIGHTNING
05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
I was visiting with a few friends last night and the subject of truck burglary came up. One guy who travels a lot for work has had his truck broken into at airports and hotels 6-7 times in 3 years! He has an 04 F250 crew cab truck. They have stolen misc items from clothes, luggage, laptop, hand tools, guns etc.. So his solution to the problem was to remove the back seat and bolt in a job box. It is awesome he's my hero:beer:. Once he parked at the Sheraton in Houston and went inside to check in. He parked close to the front. He came out minutes later and all his stuff was gone, in minutes... of course what else would you expect in Houston:rolleyes:. His is black and about the size of an ice chest.
http://www.advancedhandling.com/toolboxes/Jobox.gif
I remember when they broke in David's Harley right in front of Olive Garden on a Sunday afternoon.It wouldn't take long for someone to pry that thing open as well :rolleyes:.

L8 APEX
05-21-2007, 08:48 AM
The only way I have seen these opened is with a cutting torch. We had over three hundred of them at our mechanical company and only 2-3 were ever opened and only by torch. Your average car burglar isn't going to mess with it.