PDA

View Full Version : Agh! Vista is coming!!

L8 APEX
05-20-2007, 12:26 PM
What do I do about all of my old programs that were barely XP compliant? I still have one machine on 2000 because of proprietary in house software that won't run on the newer stuff. Now I am looking for a new laptop and everyone is offering Vista this and that. Do I need to get an older machine with Xp Pro while I still can? I heard Vista is a big slow whore worse than XP. So the faster proecessor will likely perform the same... Thanks!

Chris94L
05-20-2007, 12:35 PM
When I was briefly looking to buy a new laptop, a few people told me not to get one with Vista, and to call the company you decide to go with and request XP

98Cobra
05-20-2007, 12:42 PM
If you really still need it, go VMWare Workstation. You can run older OS's inside Vista.

Silver_2000
05-20-2007, 12:47 PM
You can still get XP from most vendors

Ask for small business sales

or go to the dell outlet and get a deal on an older one

TXLIGHTNING
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
You can still get XP from most vendors

Ask for small business sales

or go to the dell outlet and get a deal on an older one+1 Everyone is still offering XP, you just have to ask for it. You usually have to pay for it as well :rolleyes:.

Nuhklz
05-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I just got a new Dell laptop running Vista and it's a nice operating system. It is for work, though, and I won't be loading anything other than the ususal Office 07, text editors and stuff.

If you go to Dell and look at the small business area you can still get XP.