PDA

View Full Version : Gaging interest in my 99 engine "complete"

charlie
05-18-2007, 09:01 PM
My engine will be up for sale soon. I'm posting this now in-case any one interested wants to see or hear it run.
I do not know the miles on it. (the truck has 97k) All I know is that it has been into. The last owner said it had the heads "fixed" and ported. I suspect the lower is built due to running wot @17.5 afr and it did not pop. But I'll know for sure when it's out of the truck. It will come complete from blower to pan, and from flex plate to timing chain cover.

Sorry but I'm not sure what to ask. I have a price in mind. And if i don't get close to that I'll keep it for a spar.

Charlie

BC Lightning
05-18-2007, 09:33 PM
My engine will be up for sale soon. I'm posting this now in-case any one interested wants to see or hear it run.
I do not know the miles on it. (the truck has 97k) All I know is that it has been into. The last owner said it had the heads "fixed" and ported. I suspect the lower is built due to running wot @17.5 afr and it did not pop. But I'll know for sure when it's out of the truck. It will come complete from blower to pan, and from flex plate to timing chain cover.

Sorry but I'm not sure what to ask. I have a price in mind. And if i don't get close to that I'll keep it for a spar.

Charlie

going rate is around $1,500 + or -, thats what I sold my 2004 complete engine for, and it had less than 50,000 miles

charlie
05-18-2007, 09:42 PM
$1500.00 ? I'll make room in the spare room for it.

Charlie

L8 APEX
05-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I would ebay it and see. I bet there is a desperate kid that blew his up or a hot rodder looking for a project power plant. A complete pull out is worth 2 grand plus or minus. That is assuming you leave fuel rails, injectors, upper intake, TB and all on it. You have to remember it is over 8 years old and basically 100K. New AER rebuilds are 2500 with a 3 year 75K warranty.
maybe you should donate it to the TALON golf cart project:evil.

charlie
05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Hummmm Galf cart. OK I'll trade ya for the rest of the stuff I need for the new engine. And you can have the old one for the galf cart.

Parts needed

LT headers
Stall converter
60 lb injectors