PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather VS. De La Hoya fight

RSVT
05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
any of yall watching this fight tonight:beer:

TXLIGHTNING
05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I watched it and was kind of disappointed :mad:.

98Cobra
05-06-2007, 02:15 AM
I watched it and was kind of disappointed :mad:.

+1. :(

RSVT
05-06-2007, 02:43 PM
i heard theres gunna be a rematch and more money involved

SVTJoseCuervo
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
fight was not what i expected....
Gay.

but Mayweather is a beast.

StormShadow
05-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Mayweather is a big P. He ran away from De La Hoya all night long. If he had actually wanted to FIGHT then he woulda got dropped. What a waste of money.

SVTJoseCuervo
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Mayweather is a big P. He ran away from De La Hoya all night long. If he had actually wanted to FIGHT then he woulda got dropped. What a waste of money.

thats how he fights.....it works for him..

SIL02SVT
05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Did you guys hear about mayweather wanting to fight the UFC lightweight champ. Dana White was like bring it my guys will whip your ass. Funny stuff.

TXLIGHTNING
05-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Did you guys hear about mayweather wanting to fight the UFC lightweight champ. Dana White was like bring it my guys will whip your ass. Funny stuff. In a stand up war he would have a good chance. But with UFC rules he will learn a whole new meaning of the term whoop a$$.

my2002lightning
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree, UFC / Pride is a whole other realm with the MMA aspect involved.http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/box.gifhttp://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/box2.gif

In a stand up war he would have a good chance. But with UFC rules he will learn a whole new meaning of the term whoop a$$.

SIL02SVT
05-09-2007, 02:13 PM
In a stand up war he would have a good chance. But with UFC rules he will learn a whole new meaning of the term whoop a$$.
Na he means beating the UFC guys at their own game. He says UFC guys are fighters that couldn't make it as boxers. Also a small update on it Dana and Sean Shrek(UFC champ) went to the mayweather fight and called him out about it and he said "na man I was just joking around I respect the UFC fighters" but now there is another box Wealther weight champ wanting to fight the UFC guy. So we might get to see it not so far into the future.

wesman
05-09-2007, 04:34 PM
lol...some of the mis-information and misunderstandings in this thread are hilarious

:rll::rll:

SIL02SVT
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
lol...some of the mis-information and misunderstandings in this thread are hilarious

:rll::rll:
??? care to elaborate on that

Here is the what I was talking about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AmUNG8mm1aCwJ0GmAK4kdeyUxLYF?slug=ki-callout050807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

wesman
05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
??? care to elaborate on that

Here is the what I was talking about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AmUNG8mm1aCwJ0GmAK4kdeyUxLYF?slug=ki-callout050807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

sure....

First of all, Floyd never said he would beat them in a UFC fight.

Here's what he said:

"PBF "“UFC ain’t sh*t,” he said. “It ain’t but a fad. Anyone can put a tattoo on their head and get in a street fight.” He singled out UFC poster boy Chuck Liddell for an extra overhand right. “We should put Liddell against a good heavyweight, under Mayweather Promotions, and if Chuck wins, then I’ll give him a million dollars out of my own pocket.” PBF then shoe-shined all MMA fighters. “These are guys who couldn’t make it in boxing,” he said. “So they do (MMA). Boxing is the best sport in the world and it’s here to stay.”

He never said I'll whip a UFC fighters a$$ in a UFC fight, he said they wouldn't make it as a boxer and he's right, he'd murder Sherk. On the flip side, he'd get completely annihilated in a UFC event and he knows this.

Cintron is a good boxer, I don't think that he's ready for a decent MMA fighter tho. Maybe he'll make the jump over and we'll see how he does. It's not all about wrestling, I can't count the # of guys I've choked out or armbarred in class that were just great wrestlers without much BJJ knowledge.

The other thing I was talking about is the fact that boxing isn't about trading licks and seeing who is standing at the end. That's what TOughman Championship crap on USA channel is about. Boxing is about hitting and not being hit, inflicting punishment on your opponent while taking the least amount in return.

I was surprised to see Adams' remark on it as I know he knows boxing.

What DLH did against Trinidad the last four rounds of their fight was running, what Floyd did was suck Oscar in and then punish him for fighting a stupid fight.

Look at the punchstat #'s, PBF landed 100 more power punches that DLH did while throwing 60 less. He just sat back, lured DLH in, defended well and then potshotted at will. It was a great gameplan and worked well obviously.

--wes

StormShadow
05-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm just biased Wes. I don't like Mayweather. However I agree that he outboxed De La Hoya. He made DLH give up on the only thing that was working for him (left jab). This fight just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

wesman
05-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm just biased Wes. I don't like Mayweather. However I agree that he outboxed De La Hoya. He made DLH give up on the only thing that was working for him (left jab). This fight just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

lol...I know. I know you know boxing and you have to appreciate how Floyd took Oscar out of his game. Floyd is a d!ck at times and could do himself a favor by not being so antagonistic and cocky.

The fight will be re-aired on HBO Sat night, the replays are a great time to check out the fight without people oohing and ahhhing for their favorite. I like to do this to score fights by myself.....it's amazing the difference in perception/scoring when you aren't swayed by the crowd/ surroundings.

I'm looking forward to a few upcoming fights, Cotto vs Judah should be good until one of the glass jaws gets clipped and I'm also looking forward to Williams vs Margorito.

--wes