PDA

View Full Version : Storm cleanup

Moonshine
05-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Well, the storm blew through the compund pretty hard at 6:30 PM yesterday. My Category 4 roof shingles did their job and I suffered no damage. Don't know how hard the wind was blowing, but I wouldn't argue with news reports of 90 MPH. My neighbor wasn't so lucky. He lost about 1/2 of his roof, and had 8 trees down. These are not small trees, but 100+ years old, and about 60-70' tall. Used Terry's chain saw to clear some limbs, and then needed to drag one tree clear of his driveway so he could get his vehicles out of the garage. Of course, the tractor wouldn't start, and no power for the battery charger, so I tried to use the ATV, but just not enough mass to move that big arse tree. Decided to try the SD, put it in 4 low, and snatched that tree neat as you please. Neighbor was surprised and impressed, so I laconically replied "It's a Ford". :D Only down side is we still have no power 14+ hours later, but I hear that a lot of folks are in the same boat there.

L8 APEX
05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Brad's mom lost her two large trees as well. Down to one left to fall now... She is distressed because she had cleaned and prepped the back yard for a graduation reception in two weeks and now it is wrecked. It crushed the fence and the trees are some huge lumber down... I think a lot more trees went because the soil has been saturated for weeks and weeks. Wish my trailer was still there you could have used the generator. I can bring it down from Lewisville if needed. Looks like I'll be cutting and clearing, rebuilding fence this weekend. I hope he gets his roof dried in before the rains today...

98Cobra
05-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Lost a couple medium sized branches in the front yard, one in the back. On the next street over a large tree was split in half and it fell on the house.

TXLIGHTNING
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Damn storm made a mess of my 30 acres :mad:. There are trees down, mounds of dirt and mud covering my private black top road, its just a mess. Looks like there will be a lot of clean up and repair for me this weekend.

WA 2 FST
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
All I did today was run around chasing the aftermath... assessing damage to my rental properties. When these storms hit, I just cringe, knowing whatever I had planned for the next 2 weeks has to be put on hold. Lost several fences, but just had very minor tree damage (and there were some HUGE trees up here in Allen/Plano that didn't make it).

I'll be "mudding" around replacing fence posts for the next week or so. :tongue:

bobbywade69
05-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Yea tore it up here in Burleson pretty good lots of trees and power polls down still don't have power as of 5:00pm last night!!! The new 3000 Sqft house down the street from the parents burned down due to lightning hitting roof just got done building the house people were going to move in 2 days I guess not now!!! Lit the block up during the power outage over there!!:throw:
22 houses burned in Burleson due to lightning!!!