PDA

View Full Version : TCO Calculations...

L-Fever
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/cto/intro.do

tiffo60
04-11-2007, 01:58 PM
my dad always told me that vehicles were the worst investment possible, and after checking the 2007 ZO6 he was right:D

L-Fever
04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
my dad always told me that vehicles were the worst investment possible, and after checking the 2007 ZO6 he was right:D

No kidding!

98Cobra
04-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Interesting - but would be better if they would let you enter in your personal miles driven/year, etc.

Sandman
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
hmm... I didn't see a place to take into account mods :D

BC Lightning
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM

My dad has always told me that if it Rolls, Floats, or Flies, rent it

but with that said we own all our cars and boats but don't own a plane :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
04-11-2007, 05:49 PM
The insurance was higher than what I pay. I bet other values are inflated as well. I heard if is flies, ****s, or floats you're better off renting it:D

03LightningRocks
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
hmm... I didn't see a place to take into account mods :D

No kidding. I have spent well over 25 K in just motors alone. The other mods I have done has to be 10k. Oh yeah...and then there is the 2500 dollar tranny...that now has to be replaced. I wish the numbers where as low as they quote...LOL.

bluesvt
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Thats depressing looking at that. :( On the other hand I found some property. Great investment and will hopefully make up for it if I can get some soon. :D

BC Lightning
04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Thats depressing looking at that. :( On the other hand I found some property. Great investment and will hopefully make up for it if I can get some soon. :D

if you ever sell the property, keep the Mineral Rights, My dad just sold 100 acres and they are going to be drilling for natural gas, I forgot what percentage he gets, but they say those will pump gas for 100 years or more

bluesvt
04-11-2007, 08:10 PM
if you ever sell the property, keep the Mineral Rights, My dad just sold 100 acres and they are going to be drilling for natural gas, I forgot what percentage he gets, but they say those will pump gas for 100 years or more

Good to know. The land we have now an old lady owns the mineral rights b/c her daddy told her never to sell them. The land has been drilled and drilled with no results.

SILVER2000SVT
04-11-2007, 08:37 PM

The only bad thing about this is that some sellers think they should get the full value of the land. I figure that the land should only be worth 70% or so if being sold without the mineral rights.

They can typically pump gas for almost 15-20 years then they can re fracture the well and maybe get another 10 years. I've havent heard of any longer. I just leased the mineral rights on my place and they will tell you anything to get you to sign up and they told us up to 40 years but I know that's an exageration.

I'm not sure whether I would keep the mineral rights if I sold my house or if I would use it to get a better price. They will be able to get good flow for only a few years and then it starts dropping off as the wells age. I would have to do a cost analysis to determine the best option.

BC Lightning
04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
The only bad thing about this is that some sellers think they should get the full value of the land. I figure that the land should only be worth 70% or so if being sold without the mineral rights.

They can typically pump gas for almost 15-20 years then they can re fracture the well and maybe get another 10 years. I've havent heard of any longer. I just leased the mineral rights on my place and they will tell you anything to get you to sign up and they told us up to 40 years but I know that's an exageration.

I'm not sure whether I would keep the mineral rights if I sold my house or if I would use it to get a better price. They will be able to get good flow for only a few years and then it starts dropping off as the wells age. I would have to do a cost analysis to determine the best option.

My dads other business is farm/commercial real estate, so he knows all there is too and has advisers to help out as well :tu:

tiffo60
04-11-2007, 09:54 PM
My dad has always told me that if it Rolls, Floats, or Flies, rent it

but with that said we own all our cars and boats but don't own a plane :rolleyes:

granted a plane is not a good investment, unless you have to be in differents parts of the country and be back in the same afternoon because your time is worth that much, its justified. and leasing a plane cost twice as much as owning one does, so thats a no brainer:cool: