PDA

View Full Version : Hog vs. Man

bluesvt
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Keep in mind this is a very small hog compared to most you see. Looks like it's 100lbs max. Just to show some how vicious they are when provoked. So bow hunters carry a gun just in case. :tu: JbJDyYV8rzs

slick-svt
04-08-2007, 12:12 PM
He's lucky they all didn't charge, he would have needed more than that butterknife
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/army_of_one.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=21367)

dboat
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I have always heard that they are mean and aggressive but never seen it until now:eek2: ... I do want to go bowhunting for them, but carry that .44 with me as well.

Dana

bluesvt
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Ya, I am all for bow hunting even though I have never done it. Seems like it would be hard to get one off when you see a 300+ lb pig charging you though.

slick-svt
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Most pigs don't charge when you stick an arrow through them they haul a@@!!!

bluesvt
04-08-2007, 12:59 PM
True, I am saying before you stick an arrow through them. I walked up on a group of hogs laying down one morning and had to run. The second I turned the corner I saw them and 2 stood up and started coming. Not running but the second they took a step I was gone to the stand. From what I have seen you never know what will happen. Some just stand and stare and some will charge, depending on how threatened they feel.

slick-svt
04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Always wear a good scent cover (vanishing hunter is good) I have a leaf suit if you stand still you blend right in. But if they spook show them elbows and a@@holes:eek:

dboat
04-08-2007, 01:45 PM
The stand is your friend!!! although, I hear, that some pigs are climbers too..

Dana

KingofBling
04-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I have always heard that they are mean and aggressive but never seen it until now:eek2: ... I do want to go bowhunting for them, but carry that .44 with me as well.

Dana

Yea i have stuck a few pigs with my bow and it is a blast but dont get me wrong my 40 cal is what i never leave home without:D
I have sat and listened to them fight right behind me that is about the most hair standing noise you have ever heard, ever sense then when i get out of the stand i allways have my pistol in hand.