PDA

View Full Version : Getting Gen 1 registered in an "emissions" county

WA 2 FST
04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Thought I'd pose this question here, since I know some of you have purchased your trucks from out of state.

I assume you have registered them in your local county, and if you're in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton and Collin that means getting a "green slip" and having it inspected in your county. I had to do this when I bought my Z06 new in LA and needed to get it registered here.

So, assuming all the above, have any of you guys had any issues with getting your Gen 1 past the emissions nazis? I know a lot of these trucks are true hot-rods and at the very least may not pass visual inspection.

Any issues in getting your truck(s) registered?

Thx.

Ohmsby
04-07-2007, 01:58 PM
$$ mine passed with no problems what so ever $$ in Denton County:D

Sixpipes
04-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Ronny's 93 passed with all the smog stuff removed...:cool:

BC Lightning
04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
My 94 passed in Irving, but it helps to know the owner ;)

Flats Man
04-08-2007, 05:57 AM
My Calvert 408 passed with no emissions equipment, an Anderson B-41 cam and TFS High Port Stage 3 heads. I had 30 # injectors with a 42# meter. I did have a high NOX reading but added some stuff to the tank and it passed. :D The guy at the emissions place said that when I drove up and they heard the truck, they didn't give it a chance of passing! lol

WA 2 FST
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
It must be a pretty easy test to pass then. The only vehicle I have witnessed on one of those is a '91 S-10 that I inherited from my dad when he moved to a smaller home. It's been well maintained and has only 48k miles on it, but in the words of the inspector his "cigarrette puts out more pollution than that there truck."

My bigger concern would be pulling up to a shop that fails it due to obvious visual issues. I personally think that is a moot point if the thing passes the sniffer tests, but then again I'm not a licensed inspector. ;)

Flats Man
04-08-2007, 01:56 PM
It must be a pretty easy test to pass then. The only vehicle I have witnessed on one of those is a '91 S-10 that I inherited from my dad when he moved to a smaller home. It's been well maintained and has only 48k miles on it, but in the words of the inspector his "cigarrette puts out more pollution than that there truck."

My bigger concern would be pulling up to a shop that fails it due to obvious visual issues. I personally think that is a moot point if the thing passes the sniffer tests, but then again I'm not a licensed inspector. ;)

They did get me for not having a light over my license plate on my roll pan. I installed a pair of lights and they signed me off no charge.

Gukimuchi17
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I first took mine to a new Quick Kar Kare & it failed. Then I took it to Sticker Station (guys I knew & knew my son) and it passed. Amazing