PDA

View Full Version : Nortel is Hiring - Entry-Level Positions

tliss
04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
For you young guys that are just graduating college, the group I am in is hiring a pile of new grads over the next few months to bolster the group with our new workload. If you recently graduated and want a chance at an entry-level position let me know. Not sure what the pay is, but it is definitely a good start for a young career. If interested let me know and I'll get your resume to the hiring manager.

tliss@tx.rr.com

Tom

GoldLS1
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Job description (duties)?? Requirements??

Silver_2000
04-06-2007, 09:37 PM

+1 :evil

tliss
04-07-2007, 11:54 PM

Would make sense for me to tell you that, eh? There are actually three positions being filled: Order management, hardware scheduling and software scheduling. A little on each:

Order Management: responsible for receiving, booking, entering and eventually billing customer purchase orders. The OM determines which supply chain the job should go through and coordinates with project management and scheduling to process the order through.

Hardware scheduling: responsible for the scheduling of projects from inception through to installation. Coordinate project management, order management, engineering, fulfillment, installation and post-install services to fulfill customer needs.

Software scheduling: responsible for the scheduling of software fulfillment to meet customer needs. Work in coordination with project management, hardware scheduling, order management, etc.

I believe the only real requirement is a college degree and new grad. Business degree probably best, but I believe any degree will be OK. Obviously we need people that are willing to work hard and do a good job, along with a person of intergity and accountability.

I am currently the lead over the hardware scheduling role and am likely to inherit the software scheduling role soon. I obviously know most about the hardware scheduling role.

If you need more info I can obtain the specific job postings and get back to you.

Tom

GoldLS1
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
One more question location?? I have a descent job now, but this might be more up my alley.

tliss
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
One more question location?? I have a descent job now, but this might be more up my alley.

Everything is in Richardson.

Tom