PDA

View Full Version : OT Need Dell latitude keyboard help.

L8 APEX
04-18-2002, 10:15 PM
Apparently the Dell's are known for keyboards going bad especially the I and K key area. I had one replaced under warranty now it is going out again :mad: Anyone know how to swap it out? Do I just pull and pry? Thanks! :tu:

Silver_2000
04-18-2002, 10:18 PM
This really belongs in the other forum but if the keyboard keeps going bad switching keys wont fix it... Break out $10 bucks and get a new one or $40 and get a good one...

If you are asking about replacing the keyboard... Turn off the computer and unplug it... Plug in new keyboard and turn boack on... Geesh you would think a "Lightning Tuner" could swap his own keyboard ... LOL ;)

Doug

L8 APEX
04-18-2002, 10:26 PM
How do I remove the board? I think the lower half with touch pad has to come off too. Part of being a great tuner is knowing when to refer to professionals in other fields instead of damaging things :) Yeah I can Email you or you can flush this thread when we are done. I am trying to catch up on posts, LOL. Though that may be hard since you have Godly powers here.

Silver_2000
04-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Oh --- Slow on uptake... Laptop right ??

Go to ( or call ) resource concepts in Carrollton see if thay have one... They sell Dell Lease returns.... Not familiar with Dells but toshiba laptop keyboards come up with one screw...

Doug

L8 APEX
04-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I know you have a Toshiba on WLAN in every room I2 supplied of course :D I bought this one from Resource last year. They put a used KB in it 6 months ago and it crapped again. There are new ones on eBay for 30 bucks or so.

tliss
04-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Mine at work went out on me a few months back. All the guy had to do was take out a few screws, pop the old one out, pop the new one in and I was off to the races again. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Tom

Silver_2000
04-18-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Yeah, I know you have a Toshiba on WLAN in every room I2 supplied of course :D I bought this one from Resource last year. They put a used KB in it 6 months ago and it crapped again. There are new ones on eBay for 30 bucks or so.

Ill be upgrading to new IBMs soon.... :burnout:

Doug

blueoval01
04-19-2002, 08:32 AM
I know it kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop, but you could plug a external keyboard into the USB port.
2 cents .........:o