PDA

View Full Version : Rumored black Xbox 360 is official

98Cobra
03-28-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0327-microsoftunveilsxbox360elite.htm

Sweet. Must have.

tiffo60
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
for the price i paid for mine, it will have to last a few more years before i upgrade:cool:

Silver_2000
03-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Other than the color, the HD and the cables what else is the difference ?

Since I dont have HD - if I needed it I could just go buy the HD - Plus the Black wouldnt go with the wood grain cover I have :evil:evil

I have almost worn out a controller playing PGA tour 2007 though ...

So Im leading a tournament by 7 strokes going into the last day and end up placing second with a 43 under par ... 43 under is only good for second ?
How many golfers can make up 3 strokes in one hole ... I want to see the replay ...

98Cobra
03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Other than the color, the HD and the cables what else is the difference ?

Since I dont have HD - if I needed it I could just go buy the HD - Plus the Black wouldnt go with the wood grain cover I have :evil:evil

I have almost worn out a controller playing PGA tour 2007 though ...

So Im leading a tournament by 7 strokes going into the last day and end up placing second with a 43 under par ... 43 under is only good for second ?
How many golfers can make up 3 strokes in one hole ... I want to see the replay ...

It supposed to run cooler because these are the first units to shift from 90nM production to 65nM production. So that will be nice.

The HD is a deal because by itself it will be nearly $200. So getting it for an extra $80 is worth it.

Dont care as much about the HDMI, but I will probably use it.

Silver_2000
03-28-2007, 09:47 AM
It supposed to run cooler because these are the first units to shift from 90nM production to 65nM production. So that will be nice.

The HD is a deal because by itself it will be nearly $200. So getting it for an extra $80 is worth it.

Dont care as much about the HDMI, but I will probably use it.

I dont see where it had the HD dvd ... just HDMI cables

98Cobra
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
No, the 120GB HDD. If you buy the Elite for $80 more than a Premium system, you get the bigger HDD, which will cost $199 retail by itself.

Silver_2000
03-28-2007, 10:55 AM
The sites are saying that the smaller chips are not out yet ...

Its tough getting details

L-Fever
03-29-2007, 07:26 AM
PS3 Envy! :rll::D:tex

Silver_2000
03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
here is a comparison

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=510635&page=0

Aside from the hard drive and HDMI differences, Microsoft has told GameSpot that the underlying hardware in all three models remains the same. We're all going to have to wait a little while longer for that smaller, cooler CPU design.

Upgrade Options

Microsoft will also offer the 120GB detachable hard drive as a stand-alone upgrade for existing Xbox 360 owners. The $179 drive will come with a data transfer cable to make it easy for console owners to move data from their old 20GB drive to the new 120GB drive. Expect 20GB hard drive prices to fall as people put their old drives up for sale.
Transferring hard drive information will be a little more complicated for people planning to move from the Xbox 360 Premium to an Xbox 360 Elite since a lot of Xbox Marketplace content is tied to your Xbox Live profile and the console you're using at the time of purchase. That means console owners will have trouble using a data-transfer cable to copy all the downloaded content from an existing 20GB system to a completely new Elite system. Once you switch systems, the only way to get at that content will be to log into Xbox Live with the account that you used to make the original purchase. Other accounts on the new system won't be able to access the downloaded content. Microsoft is working on a solution to the Premium-to-Elite data transfer issue and told GameSpot that it will release more information as we get closer to launch.
The Xbox 360 Elite system, black accessories, and stand-alone 120GB hard drive upgrade will all be available in retail on April 29, 2007.