PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised

TP Derrick D
03-27-2007, 12:30 AM
that it has not been posted about the death of Eric Medlen after a crash during testing....with the NHRA & racing a topic on here a lot. I waited a couple days to see if it would post.
That was my#2 Funny Car (along with Robert Hight) behind his boss. I'm sure it has a really big effect on John & his entire organization especially with Ashley just gettin behind the wheel. I see the parental concern on mom & dad face when she run and as dad of a 27 y.o. daughter I really,really understand.

Sixpipes
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I saw that. Evidently crashed during testing at Gainesville, FL on Monday (19th). Apparently, an awesome guy that John Force was very very fond of. :(

TP Derrick D
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I sent a message to the Medlen family last Sat. nite thur a website set up to send messages and well wishes. Out of respect for the Medlen family JFR will not be participating in the O'Reilly Spring Nationals in Houston this weekend.
Also the NHRA sanctioning body will be studying the SAFER barriers like installed on many of the NASCAR tracks. Many of the NHRA drivers have already given their input and ideals regarding the idea.
Man, I hate this happened,JFR is my fave NHRA team along with several individual drivers from other teams but I follow JFR & NHRA just like I do, NBA, NFL & NASCAR. To me one of my favorite players has died.