PDA

View Full Version : Hallsville Format

Sixpipes
12-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Since Hallsville will be bracket racing, do we want to race through a bracket format? That is, do we want to have seedings based on T & T times. If we had 30 entries, #1 seed would face #30 seed, #2 against #29 etc..... Or do we just want to line up and let the chips fall where they may?

Red2002
12-02-2002, 11:11 PM
IMO let's just line 'em up. When I run an 11.93, I don't want to run against 99WhiteBeast when he runs a 15.2. Looks great on camera (for me), but competition is good.

I'd like to go head to head with someone at least in the same time bracket (12.00-12.99). Your thoughts?

My $.02

Silver_2000
12-02-2002, 11:34 PM
I like to use this system:

" Huh ? - Can I race again now ?? "

I dont win much but I have a good time...

Doug

Moonshine
12-03-2002, 10:43 AM
What Doug said. :tu: I guess that makes us the more informal, laid back racers. :rolleyes:

Sixpipes
12-03-2002, 11:04 AM
I knew I could count on this group to come up with a sensable format for our race this weekend. You guys were able to uncover the most logical/reasonable format for an East Texas shootout.
For those that don't know what "farkling" is, it's rock-paper-scissors.

I would like to make this proposal in addition to the Farkle Fest. How about if we use the first round of the competition as a grudge round? Call someone out and try to kick their a$$. There will be first round buy backs anyway so if you lose your grudge match, all you have to do is drag your first-round-losing-a$$ to the tower and pay the $10 buy-back fee. :cool:

Silver_2000
12-03-2002, 11:09 AM
The buy backs last weekend were $5 ..

Perhaps we should shoot for that ...

Doug

Red2002
12-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

I would like to make this proposal in addition to the Farkle Fest. How about if we use the first round of the competition as a grudge round? Call someone out and try to kick their a$$. There will be first round buy backs anyway so if you lose your grudge match, all you have to do is drag your first-round-losing-a$$ to the tower and pay the $10 buy-back fee. :cool:

Bwahahaha I love it Dennis! Now....who to call out, or rather, who wants some of dis? :D

Moonshine
12-03-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

For those that don't know what "farkling" is, it's rock-paper-scissors.

Oh, my. :eek: And here I was thinking I had just farkled at my desk. But I guess the rock, paper, scissors thing would be a tad more socially acceptable in a public setting.

First round grudges sounds good.

99WhiteBeast
12-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Hey my 4X4 runs a little quicker than that Laurence but just barely:D

I'll run against any "stock" 00-03 with my lowly 99

jcblack were are you- bring it!