PDA

View Full Version : No unsecured wireless conns!

L8 APEX
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Leave it to the damn IT corridor to secure their wireless connections. I can pick up 20 from my apt and all are secured. A lot of them have interesting broadcast names... I have no internet at home.

Silver_2000
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Leave it to the damn IT corridor to secure their wireless connections. I can pick up 20 from my apt and all are secured. A lot of them have interesting broadcast names... I have no internet at home.

just talk to your neighbors .... explain the issue

98Cobra
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Whatever - I'd be using me some free high-speed internet.

03LightningRocks
03-19-2007, 10:16 PM
just talk to your neighbors .... explain the issue

I know if one of my neighbors came to me and asked nicely, I would allow them access to my network.

Then again, maybe I would tell them to pound wood.

03LightningRocks
03-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Whatever - I'd be using me some free high-speed internet.

Please hook me up.....How do I get free internet?

LivinEZ
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM

see if we can't get you some good cracking tools for that WEP sh*t

my2002lightning
03-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Uncle Rocks,

If Bin Laden was your neighbor and asked nicely, would you allow him access to your wireless network, too? :D

I know if one of my neighbors came to me and asked nicely, I would allow them access to my network.

Then again, maybe I would tell them to pound wood.

03LightningRocks
03-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Uncle Rocks,

If Bin Laden was your neighbor and asked nicely, would you allow him access to your wireless network, too? :D

I'd tell him sure. I would then ask him to wait at the door while I get the password. I would return with a gun and blow his brains out, all over the porch....:D . Then I would collect as much brain matter as possible....and sell pieces of it on ebay.

my2002lightning
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
What a novel concept.:cool:

I'd tell him sure. I would then ask him to wait at the door while I get the password. I would return with a gun and blow his brains out, all over the porch....:D . Then I would collect as much brain matter as possible....and sell pieces of it on ebay.

Silver_2000
03-19-2007, 11:19 PM
see if we can't get you some good cracking tools for that WEP sh*t
Surfing on an open one can be a "mistake" cracking one .. aint ....

98Cobra
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM

+1

Most of the time there are enough open ones you wouldnt have to crack someone's anyway.

LivinEZ
03-20-2007, 06:44 PM

the "secured" wireless that you find around an apt. are pretty standard setups from the carriers...They are all around my house. The wireless airwaves you would be borrowing could be done without an average user ever detecting it. And most users are below avg. when it comes to securing technology. They know how to turn it on, point and click, and do no monitoring. If they were truely technically proficient, they would not be broadcasting/ "advertising" their presence for the taking to begin with...
:evil

Silver_2000
03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
the "secured" wireless that you find around an apt. are pretty standard setups from the carriers...They are all around my house. The wireless airwaves you would be borrowing could be done without an average user ever detecting it. And most users are below avg. when it comes to securing technology. They know how to turn it on, point and click, and do no monitoring. If they were truely technically proficient, they would not be broadcasting/ "advertising" their presence for the taking to begin with...
:evil
broadcasting means nothing any more

Netstumbler will pick up non broadcast networks