PDA

View Full Version : wtb catback exhaust

SVTJoseCuervo
03-15-2007, 08:34 PM
hoping one of yall might know of a deal out there...or someone selling their used one...let me know if you know anything? :tu:

RSVT
03-15-2007, 11:32 PM
flowmaster & magnaflow are the cheapest prices you can find unless you save money to get the bx bassani or dynatec,borla they run about $450+

tiffo60
03-16-2007, 07:06 AM
i have tried a few systems and definitely stay away from bassanii, mine lasted a month and started to crack and split at the welds on the muffler, borla sounds like crap IMO, magnaflow has a good sounds and flowmasters arent really all that bad but tends to make our trucks sound like a mustang:tu:

03stx
03-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I like my mac catback. some poeple have had problems with it, but I haven't. The new catbacks have stainless tips and they are nice. I just put on a coat of black header paint and it should hold up. I plan on shooting a coat of the header paint once a year or so, and it should hold up. I like the sound of mine. and for $299 it is well worth the money.

SVTJoseCuervo
03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I like my mac catback. some poeple have had problems with it, but I haven't. The new catbacks have stainless tips and they are nice. I just put on a coat of black header paint and it should hold up. I plan on shooting a coat of the header paint once a year or so, and it should hold up. I like the sound of mine. and for $299 it is well worth the money.

299? where or what kind.....

sooo magnaflow is the best???.....I have read bassani iis etc etc....:confused:

03stx
03-16-2007, 11:56 AM
It is actually $289.
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/mac-catback-exhaust-199904-ford-svt-lightning-p-202.html

tiffo60
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
299? where or what kind.....

sooo magnaflow is the best???.....I have read bassani iis etc etc....:confused:

the metal bassani makes theres out of is too thin, they do sound the best IMO but whats that matter if its not going to last, and i think they hold up better if your truck has its cats on it because they dont get as hot, but when its like mine with longtubes and no cats it just cant hold up to the heat and it causes them to crack

04SVTRACING
03-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I would have to agree with Tifton on that one. My truck had bassani and it also started to crack. I still had the factory exhaust manifolds, but no cats. Bassani definetly sounds good, but I would stick with mangnflows. Terry has two systems that he can put on.

BC Lightning
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
my bassani muffler split right down the middle, ha the muffler shop weld it shut till i can find another muffler

SVTJoseCuervo
03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
It is actually $289.
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/mac-catback-exhaust-199904-ford-svt-lightning-p-202.html
thanks for the info guys :beer: