PDA

View Full Version : lock tool for pulley install

03stx
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have a tool I can use this weekend to install my lower pulley?

WA 2 FST
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Yep, sure do. If you want to drive to Allen to pick it up, you're welcome to borrow mine.

03stx
03-14-2007, 04:35 PM
on these instructions it says you can use a boxed end wrench and one of the bolts to lock the tranny? Has anyone used this method?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/asp54blowerinstruction.htm

SILVER2000SVT
03-14-2007, 04:54 PM
on these instructions it says you can use a boxed end wrench and one of the bolts to lock the tranny? Has anyone used this method?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/asp54blowerinstruction.htm

Don't do this, if it's on there really tight you'll snap off the stud on the torque converter.

I've always used the short end of a crow bar to hold mine. It has worked numerous time without any problems.

charlie
03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Man I told ya to just bring it buy. I got all the stuff you need. Including the garage to do it in. I'm not but 8 miles from you.

Charlie

charlie
03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Don't do this, if it's on there really tight you'll snap off the stud on the torque converter.

I've always used the short end of a crow bar to hold mine. It has worked numerous time without any problems.

Now ya tell me. Mine was so tight I had to put a breaker bar and socket on the special tool supplied for the center hub, and stand on it to get it broke loose.

Charlie

03stx
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Man I told ya to just bring it buy. I got all the stuff you need. Including the garage to do it in. I'm not but 8 miles from you.

Charlie

Well I am going to visit my buddy who lives about 100 miles from here and we had planned on doing it this weekend while i was over there. If we end up and don't get around to it, I will definately take you up on that offer.

03stx
03-14-2007, 07:11 PM

How do you use the end of a crow bar? I guess I don't understand what you are saying.

charlie
03-14-2007, 07:42 PM
I'f you need the tool, come buy and get it.

Charlie

SILVER2000SVT
03-14-2007, 08:07 PM
How do you use the end of a crow bar? I guess I don't understand what you are saying.

I wedged the short 90deg end between the transmission housing and one of the nuts on the flexplate. It's difficult to describe exactly, but a crow bar with more of a square bend vs a hook bend is better.

BC Lightning
03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
i found a piece of scrap metal laying around our old shed at the old house and drilled two holes and used that to lock the tranny