PDA

View Full Version : How are those cold starts?

L8 APEX
02-16-2007, 12:42 AM
I bet my truck won't fire on the first cranking cycle tomorrow. It is supposed to be the coldest night of the year about 20 deg. She chugs pretty good below 30 this week.

wesman
02-16-2007, 03:24 AM
I've decided that I'm more bear than human.....I refuse to get out of bed until I feel that it's at least 40 degrees.

If the high is 35....oh well, looks like I'll be in bed all damn day long.

Dana, if you're reading this....How the hell do you not want to break something with all the damn cold/snow/ice/dumbasses that can't drive on all those things <-----

dboat
02-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I've decided that I'm more bear than human.....I refuse to get out of bed until I feel that it's at least 40 degrees.

If the high is 35....oh well, looks like I'll be in bed all damn day long.

Dana, if you're reading this....How the hell do you not want to break something with all the damn cold/snow/ice/dumbasses that can't drive on all those things <-----

Wes, you get a few of those.. because snow and ice are a way of life in the winter here, the roads are in pretty good shape and most of the folks can drive decently on them.. but there are a few that do make you hold your steering wheel really tight.. The snow in the front yard is about 3 feet deep. But we are hoping for the start of the thaw next week. We usually get an occasional break in this stuff every couple of weeks but not this year, its been non-stop. The ridge at the street where the plows come through is around 5 feet deep. I had to dig out the mailbox yesterday. But it will be over soon enough and the streets will be dry and back to normal.

Thanks for thinking of us guys in the great white north...

Dana

bobbywade69
02-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I really don't have any problems out of mine see fires right up in the cold the only thing is when it gets really cold I can never use the heater in the cab the motor never warms up enough.:(

99bolt
02-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Do you have a short commute. Does it not warm up even if you drive for a couple of hours. The thermo is rated at 104 c. Mine warms up within a few miles and will roast after 15 mins. Using shell 5/40 syn, it will romp for a couple of seconds and then smooths out.

99WhiteBeast
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
-4 in Chicago this morning with a wind chill -32. I don't see how people stand this crap- You can't pay me enough to live here.

I'll take the 30 days straight of 100+ anytime

L8 APEX
02-16-2007, 10:22 AM
It fired right off, damnit..

Ohmsby
02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
My chit started on the first hit.

Good news got the fuel leak fixed bad new now we have a power steering leak. I am almost positive this truck has an STD it has oozed from one orifice or another since day one. O well 80K and counting

Dodge 2500

03LightningRocks
02-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I bet my truck won't fire on the first cranking cycle tomorrow. It is supposed to be the coldest night of the year about 20 deg. She chugs pretty good below 30 this week.

Mine runs like sh!t for about 3-5 minutes after I start it. It fires right up though. Reminds me of how a gas vehicle runs when a plug isn't firing. I have learned to be patient and wait before attempting to go.

Moonshine
02-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Mine runs like sh!t for about 3-5 minutes after I start it. It fires right up though.

Same here, although on really cold mornings it cranks pretty slowly. But it always fires up, and then rattles like h*ll for the first few minutes. Been using the seat heaters a good bit lately. :tu:

dboat
02-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Same here, although on really cold mornings it cranks pretty slowly. But it always fires up, and then rattles like h*ll for the first few minutes. Been using the seat heaters a good bit lately. :tu:

Moonshine,

Up here, seat heaters are your friend..:D

Dana

charlie
02-17-2007, 08:27 AM
The Lightning fires up just fine now. ( I got the garage back :D ).

Life is good without a tramp around.

Charlie