PDA

View Full Version : oops!

Ohmsby
01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
My Wife is out of town on business and I bought this... anyone have a spare room I can rent:D

95 L one owner 21k on odometer

http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/1391/28151-1069-19078.jpg

Chris94L
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
NICE! What all does it have done to it?

Ohmsby
01-23-2007, 09:01 PM
it's bone stock :texhttp://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/1391/28151-1069-24585.jpg

WA 2 FST
01-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Sweet truck! I've been looking for one off and on as well. Very cool! :tu:

Ohmsby
01-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Sweet truck! I've been looking for one off and on as well. Very cool! :tu:

Thanks we are going to get it Thursday

SVTJoseCuervo
01-23-2007, 09:09 PM
that is one sexy gen 1

Chris94L
01-23-2007, 09:10 PM
:Bullshit

:D:beer::d

Sixpipes
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Two reds now, heh? :tu: :tu:

Ohmsby
01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Two reds now, heh? :tu: :tu:

Three red L's in the barn 93,95,01

FRDRCING
01-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Very Nice John

02BOLT
01-23-2007, 09:45 PM
If that's the truck I think it is, I saw it at L-Fest. It is a Bad-Daddy Muther Scratcher! Very nice truck!:tu:

L-Fever
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
As Borat would say "Nice!" knana

whitelightning'02
01-24-2007, 08:24 AM
That's awesome, John :beer:

Come on down, we still have one empty bedroom....lol

Fuzion
01-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Truck looks perfect! Underhood has a nice intake. haha.

tiffo60
01-24-2007, 09:04 AM
dang john, you just dont quit do you,knana

99WhiteBeast
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Congrats- that is a very nice truck:tu:
3 L's:bows

TXLIGHTNING
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Very nice truck. Looks great outside and under the hood. I like the Vortech centrifical supercharger. :tu:

gbgary
01-24-2007, 11:44 AM
just...........wow!

WA 2 FST
01-24-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=145921

Looks like the same truck is for sale on NLOC... just posted today. Something seems fishy. This guy doesn't seem on the up and up. He seems to have an L for sale every other month or so.

Just trying to watch your back here!

dboat
01-24-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=145921

Looks like the same truck is for sale on NLOC... just posted today. Something seems fishy. This guy doesn't seem on the up and up. He seems to have an L for sale every other month or so.

Just trying to watch your back here!

different exhaust.. at least.. unless that was added new.

WA 2 FST
01-24-2007, 10:00 PM
the pics on the guy's site are older. If its a different truck, then that's as close to being a "twin" as I think I've ever seen. Engine bay pic looks identical, same wheels, same hood and "21k mile '95 L". :confused:

TXLIGHTNING
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
The engine pics are exactly the same.

TXLIGHTNING
01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
The engine pics are exactly the same. All the way down to the dirt on the brake fluid res. :confused:

Chris94L
01-24-2007, 10:13 PM
His old post got deleted my mods/admin and he reposted it. I saw the original thread last night after John posted over here and was wondering why he reposted it when he had a buyer

WA 2 FST
01-24-2007, 11:45 PM
His old post got deleted my mods/admin and he reposted it. I saw the original thread last night after John posted over here and was wondering why he reposted it when he had a buyer

Exactly. That's my point. If you sell something you don't repost it. Just seems strange.

WA 2 FST
01-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Just read his response on NLOC. This guy is a moron. Sounds like if he gets a better offer, then he'll stick it to John.

Ohmsby
01-25-2007, 12:31 AM
I posted last night shortly after he and I had agreed on a price and we had planned on going to Kansas on thursday morning with the big trailer to pick it up.

He call today and says he wants to keep the truck another week blah blah blah...

I told him it is either for sale or it's not but I don't have the time or patience to deal with this BS and he says well um well um...

I told him when he figures it out let me know. For fun another Talon member pm'd him with a better offer and he responded. Then I asked the NLOC to delete the thread and they did

The truck is correct I spoke at length with the owner from Iowa who he purchased the truck from about a 18 months ago the new owner has only put about 2K on the truck in that time and the Guy in Iowa bought the truck new in 95

I hoped that the drama would solve itself but at this point he will sell it to me for the agreed price or he can keep it

If you post an item for sale and you agree to a price then that is a sale.

To say the least this has been more than frustrating and I would hope that he honor the agreement we had made

I will keep you posted

PS thanks for lookin out for me guys

dboat
01-25-2007, 06:09 AM
I posted last night shortly after he and I had agreed on a price and we had planned on going to Kansas on thursday morning with the big trailer to pick it up.

He call today and says he wants to keep the truck another week blah blah blah...

I told him it is either for sale or it's not but I don't have the time or patience to deal with this BS and he says well um well um...

I told him when he figures it out let me know. For fun another Talon member pm'd him with a better offer and he responded. Then I asked the NLOC to delete the thread and they did

The truck is correct I spoke at length with the owner from Iowa who he purchased the truck from about a 18 months ago the new owner has only put about 2K on the truck in that time and the Guy in Iowa bought the truck new in 95

I hoped that the drama would solve itself but at this point he will sell it to me for the agreed price or he can keep it

If you post an item for sale and you agree to a price then that is a sale.

To say the least this has been more than frustrating and I would hope that he honor the agreement we had made

I will keep you posted

PS thanks for lookin out for me guys

John, good luck..

Dana

Lyfisin
01-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Good luck here as well. That really looks like a nice truck! :D

wesman
01-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Let's just go get it.....if he's lucky you'll still honor your side of the deal and pay him ;) :hammer:

--wes

99WhiteBeast
01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
His thread post before it was deleted on NLOC
"The things is that i wanted to have it on here till the end of the week. If no one is interested for what i want for it then it is his. i had it on here before but then I wanted it for a photo shoot last month. I really love the truck and I just got a bmw and Im going back to school so i want to get the best offer i can get before i let it go. i will hold on to it if i know i can get more. but If no one is enterested in it by the end of the week then its John's... Thursday was to soon to see it go. i have to have time to say good bye :) you guys are going to make this young kid go into depression. I know one thing when i get out of school and he still has it i will buy it back in a sec. plus thursday wasnt going to work for me anyways. I have so much studies and home work its not even funny!!! plus i work full time as well as go to school full time."

He has school but let's not inconvenience someone taking time off of work and driving from Texas- what a Richard

L-Fever
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
:flaming: I'm saving a NLOC pm response from him that I may post later on! Good catch Steveo!

His thread post before it was deleted on NLOC
"The things is that i wanted to have it on here till the end of the week. If no one is interested for what i want for it then it is his. i had it on here before but then I wanted it for a photo shoot last month. I really love the truck and I just got a bmw and Im going back to school so i want to get the best offer i can get before i let it go. i will hold on to it if i know i can get more. but If no one is enterested in it by the end of the week then its John's... Thursday was to soon to see it go. i have to have time to say good bye :) you guys are going to make this young kid go into depression. I know one thing when i get out of school and he still has it i will buy it back in a sec. plus thursday wasnt going to work for me anyways. I have so much studies and home work its not even funny!!! plus i work full time as well as go to school full time."

He has school but let's not inconvenience someone taking time off of work and driving from Texas- what a Richard

WA 2 FST
01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I understand getting cold feet, but holding out for a better offer after agreeing to another offer and having the buyer making arrangements to drive 700 miles to go get it is BS.

This guy is a flake. I have seen him post other trucks he's had for sale, and he just acts strange. Sounds like a spoiled little rich kid with no manners or conscience.

I remember seeing this truck back in September and he was asking $22k. I was considering offering him some $$ for it, but not when I saw that price. But if you can get it for what you guys agreed upon (I'm not asking what that is, but just making an educated guess based on his new asking price), then you'll have a great truck at a great price. There are a lot of overpriced Gen 1s out there IMHO, but this one would be right.

All I know is I wouldn't trust this guy one bit.

Ohmsby
01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Let's just go get it.....if he's lucky you'll still honor your side of the deal and pay him ;) :hammer:

--wes

I knew we had something in common.......

Gukimuchi17
01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
John,
Nice truck, I hope it works out. If he gives you any grief just take Dennis up there to explain Texas deals.

Chris94L
01-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I understand getting cold feet, but holding out for a better offer after agreeing to another offer and having the buyer making arrangements to drive 700 miles to go get it is BS.

This guy is a flake. I have seen him post other trucks he's had for sale, and he just acts strange. Sounds like a spoiled little rich kid with no manners or conscience.

I remember seeing this truck back in September and he was asking $22k. I was considering offering him some $$ for it, but not when I saw that price. But if you can get it for what you guys agreed upon (I'm not asking what that is, but just making an educated guess based on his new asking price), then you'll have a great truck at a great price. There are a lot of overpriced Gen 1s out there IMHO, but this one would be right.

All I know is I wouldn't trust this guy one bit.

I know what John offered him and was going to pick up the truck for, but come on, if you are going to accept an offer then follow through. It seems like he accepted the offer then started to get cold feet and want more

Ohmsby
01-25-2007, 05:41 PM
We are back on schedule for the purchase I am going up on Saturday for the truck @ the original agreed price.

I hope when I get to KS that everything is the way it should be

stay tuned for updates

Normally I would walk on a deal like this but the previous owner in Iowa really did things right and the truck is a bargain at this price.

If there are any shenanigan's:flaming:

tiffo60
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
will you make it back in time for the races sat night:evil

Chris94L
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Hard choice to give him a second chance. But seeing how clean it looks, having the P.O.'s scoop on things, and the price, I can see why ya would keep on it.

WA 2 FST
01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I agree... if you can get past this flake of a person (who hasn't owned it long enough to screw anything up, either), then it will be worth it.

I have a feeling if you go up there and meet him with the $$ and he pulls something, then he will be fighting for his life shortly thereafter. ;)

I'm sure it will work out.

Wait... I'll just make him a better offer and you can pick it up for me. :lol: j/k

Ohmsby
01-27-2007, 04:50 PM
We picked the truck up today and it is beasty. Looks and rides as described.

Like I said normally I would have walked on a deal like this early on but the original owner Larry Kellow had the truck from 95 to 06 and this guy had only put about 1800 miles on it since.

Larry talked to me for almost an hour about the truck I got several of the reciepts and build sheets in the package.

We are at Jame's compound in Stanley Kansas tonight (some nay remember stopping by his place after L fest)

We will be heading home in the A.M.

It may be faster than my 03 DSG......:tex

Mark #2
01-27-2007, 05:39 PM
We picked the truck up today and it is beasty. Looks and rides as described.

Like I said normally I would have walked on a deal like this early on but the original owner Larry Kellow had the truck from 95 to 06 and this guy had only put about 1800 miles on it since.

Larry talked to me for almost an hour about the truck I got several of the reciepts and build sheets in the package.

We are at Jame's compound in Stanley Kansas tonight (some nay remember stopping by his place after L fest)

We will be heading home in the A.M.

It may be faster than my 03 DSG......:tex

Cool, but why did you think you needed this?
Boat money just burning a hole in your pocket?

99WhiteBeast
01-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Glad you guys made it safe. Enjoy the party:cool:

WA 2 FST
01-27-2007, 06:46 PM

Here's how I would look at it. Where can you find a vehicle (in this case a Lightning) in this condition for the price? This thing is perfect, its tastefully and correctly modified, etc.

Honestly if I'd known it was for sale at the price the guy asked at the end, I would have been highly interested in it. The one other time I saw it for sale, the guy was asking $22k which is way too high. But this was a good deal on a pristine vehicle that John has obviously had his eye on.

I found a 1,700 mile 5.0 LX convertible for sale and the biggest thing that is holding me back is I would have to rent somewhere to store it b/c I'm out of room.

When/if John decides to sell it down the road, I bet he'll get out of it what he paid. In automotive land, that's a win-win. Buy it, drive it around for awhile, sell for what you paid. It doesn't happen often (especially with late model vehicles).

Just my $.02.

L-Fever
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
This truck is badazzzzzz! :bows

BC Lightning
01-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Congrats John :beer:

Ohmsby
01-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Holy chit Mark is going to mad when he finds out my Wife has hijacked his screen name:rll:

my2002lightning
01-27-2007, 07:50 PM
John,

Dang! :nana2 That's a whole lot of Red Ls in your shop. :bows

Steve and I are going to have to drive over in the Ls and add to the craziness.:burnout:You're new Gen. 2 looks sharp-as-all-hell, too. Love that suspension-rake.

Looking forward to seeing that beast in person. You can't go wrong with the Gen. 2 "Frankenstein" wheels in styling, IMO.

Congrats!

Ronald

Mark #2
01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Holy chit Mark is going to mad when he finds out my Wife has hijacked his screen name:rll:
Great reply:rll: :bows
Nice truck congratulations.:tu:

Ohmsby
01-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Great reply:rll: :bows
Nice truck congratulations.:tu:

Whew! that was close

The boat money did pay for the Gen 1. I had bought a 93 with the intent of doing a crazy build but by the time I would have done the work I am money ahead

02BOLT
01-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Looks like a sick truck John! Glad you guys got it worked out. Congrats on a great deal! I look forward to seeing it at a future event. What's the displacement on the motor in that puppy?

Ohmsby
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Looks like a sick truck John! Glad you guys got it worked out. Congrats on a great deal! I look forward to seeing it at a future event. What's the displacement on the motor in that puppy?

We made it back to Texas. Thanks Steve for making the trip (you are still fired as the navigator)

The reported displacement is 383 stroker. :tex

I will be bringing it out to play very soon. Does anyone know which paint matches the interior grey pillar? The two pod is black and it is wearing me out.

L-Fever
01-28-2007, 09:12 PM
We made it back to Texas. Thanks Steve for making the trip (you are still fired as the navigator)

The reported displacement is 383 stroker. :tex

I will be bringing it out to play very soon. Does anyone know which paint matches the interior grey pillar? The two pod is black and it is wearing me out.

:rll:It was really cold in Kansas btw!

Sixpipes
01-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Whew! that was close
I had bought a 93 with the intent of doing a crazy build but by the time I would have done the work I am money ahead

True that... can't wait to see it run down the track. :beer:

Ohmsby
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
pics from the shop

Chris94L
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey John if its not too much trouble could you take some pics of the blower? It looks like it might have an extra idler in there so belt routing too if possible? Thanks

Ohmsby
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM

Does this work for ya?

WA 2 FST
01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
That is definitely not the standard Vortech belt routing setup. I had a basic kit that I then put an 8-rib setup on, but it used an extended water pump pulley as part of the tensioning system. The one on John's truck appears to have some better brackets and engineering. :tu:

Chris94L
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Stock brackets but it has an additional idler pulley on it. Are you going to the meet Thursday John? If so which truck do you plan to take? I'd like to look that 95 over if you decide to take it.

Ohmsby
01-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Stock brackets but it has an additional idler pulley on it. Are you going to the meet Thursday John? If so which truck do you plan to take? I'd like to look that 95 over if you decide to take it.

I will be in Vegas at a Taco Bell conference I get back Thursday if I get in early enough I will bring the Gen1

L-Fever
01-29-2007, 07:03 PM
That is definitely not the standard Vortech belt routing setup. I had a basic kit that I then put an 8-rib setup on, but it used an extended water pump pulley as part of the tensioning system. The one on John's truck appears to have some better brackets and engineering. :tu:

I think I saw a flux capacitor mounted to the firewall! :d

02BOLT
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know which paint matches the interior grey pillar? The two pod is black and it is wearing me out.

I used a standard gray interior paint I picked up at Auto Zone. I don't know that it matches perfectly, but there are several hues of gray on the interior of those trucks, so it blends in pretty nicely.

Ohmsby
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I used a standard gray interior paint I picked up at Auto Zone. I don't know that it matches perfectly, but there are several hues of gray on the interior of those trucks, so it blends in pretty nicely.

Thank you sir:tu:

L-Fever
01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
That avatar is fully loaded! :bows