PDA

View Full Version : Need help looking for a scanner

BC Lightning
01-21-2007, 10:48 PM
what do I need to look for?? whats better whats worse??

I have done some google searches but still unsure on what scanner is actually better

:tu:

L8 APEX
01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Police scanner, flatbed scanner?

BC Lightning
01-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Police scanner, flatbed scanner?

computer scanner :rolleyes:

Silver_2000
01-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Its all in the details

Do you want a sheet scanner?
Flatbed ? 35mm slide scanner ? HIgh volume low volume

300 dpi or 3000 dpi ?

Im in the market for an all in one printer, copier, scanner, fax that has a flat bed scanner on it and has wireless network built in.
The decent HP ones are like $400 which is why I dont have one yet

one thing to keep in mind is that scanners in the past have been a PAIN to get to work correctly - So pick a company that you trust, they need to be able to make good DRIVERS and SOFTWARE, or you will pull your hair out

BC Lightning
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Im in the market for an all in one printer, copier, scanner, fax that has a flat bed scanner on it and has wireless network built in.
The decent HP ones are like $400 which is why I dont have one yet

one thing to keep in mind is that scanners in the past have been a PAIN to get to work correctly - So pick a company that you trust, they need to be able to make good DRIVERS and SOFTWARE, or you will pull your hair out

thats probably the way I am leaning a good all in one copy/scanner/fax etc

dboat
01-22-2007, 09:48 PM

:ron: Let me tell you, been there and done that.. The best scanner I ever had was a Compaq that was built into the keyboard and was black and white.. for me, it was perfect.. fed the sheets in, auto start, easy to file and name the documents.. however, when windows upgraded back in the late 90's
there wasnt a driver for it anymore and I lost it... all the ones I have had since are crap and only work periodically before they fail, usually right after the warranty is out.. :flaming:

Good Luck
Dana