PDA

View Full Version : Spoke with my dealer

L8 APEX
01-21-2007, 03:34 AM
I called to check in and see what was new at Ford and the F250 program. I was inquiring about a crew cab upgrade and to see what he knew about the 2008's. He said I better buy an 07 quick if I want a good truck and great price. The 08's are averaging 3 grand higher prices due to new equipment reqd by the govt. He also said they are a maintenance nightmare. They quit building 2007's in November and he only had 11 left on the lot. They are offering 10 grand off sticker and 1.9% for 60 months which is very attractive. As bad as the 6.0 has been for Ford it looks like the last year is your best option. If they flop on the new 6.4L it will crush their reign of the heavy truck market for sure.

03LightningRocks
01-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I called to check in and see what was new at Ford and the F250 program. I was inquiring about a crew cab upgrade and to see what he knew about the 2008's. He said I better buy an 07 quick if I want a good truck and great price. The 08's are averaging 3 grand higher prices due to new equipment reqd by the govt. He also said they are a maintenance nightmare. They quit building 2007's in November and he only had 11 left on the lot. They are offering 10 grand off sticker and 1.9% for 60 months which is very attractive. As bad as the 6.0 has been for Ford it looks like the last year is your best option. If they flop on the new 6.4L it will crush their reign of the heavy truck market for sure.

I haven't had any problems with mine, but I am so sick of this noisy ass diesel I could just sh!t. The gawd damned thing is down right embarrassing. I can't even go through a drive through window without shutting the POS down. It costs a bloody fortune to fuel it and do maintenance on it. Never again...never again. I want a V10 F250 for my towing needs.

L8 APEX
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
The Duramax and new 6.4 are very quiet diesels. I am sorry you are not a diesel guy. I like the noise they produce and don't mind shutting it off in drive throughs. I am not embarrased to drive a hard working truck. I would not have reccomended the diesel to you if I knew you disliked them so much. The main reasons I buy diesels for working trucks is their 300K mile life span and retained value over time. At 100K miles your truck will still bring 20 grand, a V10 will be lucky to bring 10 grand if you can find a buyer. As for maint costs they are about the same as gas when you take the interval into account. Oil changes for gas engine are about 3-4K miles, diesel is 7,500 miles. So you do two gas oil changes for every 1 diesel oil change. You can't give a V10 away even the dealers can't sell them new. You'll be lucky to find one on a lot. Diesels also get 4-5 more mpg than gas engines do. But to each his own. You have plenty of equity in your truck to trade down to a gas truck. There are plenty of V10 owners that would pay you to get into a power stroke. There is a good reason every tow vehicle in the Fun Ford parking lot is a diesel and not a v10. The fuel costs have flopped in the past years and diesel has been high for a long time where it shouldn't be. But the diesel fuel economy feasily offsets the price per gallon savings of gas. The V10 guys I have talked with say they honestly get 12mpg highway and 9-10 city and 6mpg towing a car sized load. I get 17hwy, 15 city and 12mpg towing 10K lbs.

03LightningRocks
01-21-2007, 01:06 PM
The Duramax and new 6.4 are very quiet diesels. I am sorry you are not a diesel guy. I like the noise they produce and don't mind shutting it off in drive throughs. I am not embarrased to drive a hard working truck. I would not have reccomended the diesel to you if I knew you disliked them so much. The main reasons I buy diesels for working trucks is their 300K mile life span and retained value over time. At 100K miles your truck will still bring 20 grand, a V10 will be lucky to bring 10 grand if you can find a buyer. As for maint costs they are about the same as gas when you take the interval into account. Oil changes for gas engine are about 3-4K miles, diesel is 7,500 miles. So you do two gas oil changes for every 1 diesel oil change. You can't give a V10 away even the dealers can't sell them new. You'll be lucky to find one on a lot. Diesels also get 4-5 more mpg than gas engines do. But to each his own. You have plenty of equity in your truck to trade down to a gas truck. There are plenty of V10 owners that would pay you to get into a power stroke. There is a good reason every tow vehicle in the Fun Ford parking lot is a diesel and not a v10. The fuel costs have flopped in the past years and diesel has been high for a long time where it shouldn't be. But the diesel fuel economy feasily offsets the price per gallon savings of gas. The V10 guys I have talked with say they honestly get 12mpg highway and 9-10 city and 6mpg towing a car sized load. I get 17hwy, 15 city and 12mpg towing 10K lbs.

URRRRGHHH....you frustrate me:(. You just did it again. Everytime you point all that stuff out, I second guess the V10. Those are all good points.....but the rattle-rattle-rattle drives me nuts!!!!! Maybe I need to get a daily driver. Maybe a GT500...:D.

L8 APEX
01-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Those are all good points.....but the rattle-rattle-rattle drives me nuts!!!!!.
That is man noise, man up! You are rolling around with 18:1 compression and 30lbs of boost that is a tough combo! Even the Yankees roll power strokes. What would PaulG say if you showed up in a v10?;)

SVTJoseCuervo
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
That is man noise, man up! You are rolling around with 18:1 compression and 30lbs of boost that is a tough combo! Even the Yankees roll power strokes. What would PaulG say if you showed up in a v10?;)

I love their noise....I always tell my bro to get himself a diesel one...but hes a Toyota guy

dboat
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I remember the diesels being a bit noisy but not REAL noisy.. I remember riding in my bro n laws, and I dont recall it being that loud... but I dont ride in one everyday either..

I am thinking that if I have to replace the L, I could see a F250 in my future.. although, that VW Toureg with the V10 turbo diesel seems to be calling my name these days. :evil

Dana

L8 APEX
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
My uncle just traded his wife's VW Toureg on an FJ. I am sot sure if the FJ is better or not. He said the Porsche V8 in the Toureg sucked gas and was too big for aunty to drive. He likes the FJ more;)

dboat
01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
My uncle just traded his wife's VW Toureg on an FJ. I am sot sure if the FJ is better or not. He said the Porsche V8 in the Toureg sucked gas and was too big for aunty to drive. He likes the FJ more;)

The diesel is faster, uses less fuel and it aint too big for me.. its just a 5L V10.. 310 hp but 553 Lb ftknana ... it has all the goodies that one could want.. adj suspension from inside the cabin and ride height adjustment too.. :)

problem is..... its a bit pricey starting at $60k:(

Dana

David N
01-22-2007, 12:42 AM
URRRRGHHH....you frustrate me:(. You just did it again. Everytime you point all that stuff out, I second guess the V10. Those are all good points.....but the rattle-rattle-rattle drives me nuts!!!!! Maybe I need to get a daily driver. Maybe a GT500...:D.

That's the way i went :tu: 10 more weeks and Terry's Dealer buddy(ford yeager) should have my new gt-500 in.... :burnout:

03LightningRocks
01-22-2007, 11:20 AM
That's the way i went :tu: 10 more weeks and Terry's Dealer buddy(ford yeager) should have my new gt-500 in.... :burnout:

:bows............knana

Ohmsby
01-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I had planned on purchasing an 08 ford diesel I may need to re-think this. My Dodge is ready for trade,maybe another Dodge

does Honda make a 1 ton diesel crew cab:D

02BOLT
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
......Maybe a GT500...:D.

Go for it Rocks!!! I could see you in a SOLID Black(NO stripes) GT500, with Bogarts at all four corners.:D Those things are running LOW 11's and Mid-Hi 10's @ 126-130 MPH, with pulley/idler, tune, CAI, exhaust, gears, slicks, and the requisite suspension bolt-ons necessary to plant 550-600 lb/ft of RW Torque. STOCK BLOWER, STOCK LONGBLOCK, STOCK TRANNY, and ALL the creature comforts intact. Those things may be a bit heavy(3900 lbs), but when you're pumping out 550+ RWHP with minor bolt-ons, who the hell cares!!

The hard part is finding one for under $10-$15 grand OVER sticker.:eek2: Bad A$$ cars though!

02BOLT
01-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Which color/stripe combo?

Fuzion
01-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Terry... what dealership do you deal with? Hopefully they will still have some 07s in a couple months.

L8 APEX
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Ford Yeager at Ford Country of Lewisville is the only person I buy Ford's from.

Moonshine
01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Ford Yeager at Ford Country of Lewisville is the only person I buy Ford's from.

+1 :tu: Terry sent me to Ford, and he's a good guy to do business with. The dealership goofed on ordering my truck, but Ford made it right.

Shiner1
01-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I have'nt bought any vehicles from Ford Country but I took the L over there several times for warranty issues (things that were clearly my doing) and the service guy I was working with at the time told me he would cover anything I broke. And he did without question. The last time I had it over there I had broken 2-3 lugs on the left rear and he replaced them at no charge. I have always had great service there.:tu: