PDA

View Full Version : A look at the 07 Tundra

L8 APEX
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
A good friend of mine is looking at the all new 2007 Toyota Tundra 1/2 ton truck. It looks like it is the best half ton truck on the market. Their V8 is 5.7L and is rated at 381hp and 410lbft torque. That is as much HP as a Lightning. The new trucks are coming out of the brand new plant in San Antonio. They are also rated to tow over ten thousand lbs. The stock brakes are 4 wheels disc and 14" 4 piston fronts. Can you say Brembo sized braking!! They are also working on a diesel 3/4 ton truck which will hurt American makers badly. A lot of PowerStroke and Cummins owners say they would buy is foreign 3/4 ton diesel truck if one is available... Americans need to break their old habits of unions and car manufaturing before the foreign makers take over the entire auto market. They have already done it with economy and into luxury cars and sedans. Heavy trucks is the last frontier!
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/951/thumbs/2007_Tundra_12.jpg

SVTJoseCuervo
01-17-2007, 01:47 AM
my bro is waiting for that diesel one :D
he grew up driving toyotas....where Im from..thats ppls number 1 choice...my dad has never bought anything other than toyotas..diesel ones that is, they have diff kinds of toyotas down there that arent around here.

SVTJoseCuervo
01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.autolease-curacao.com/images/upload/hilux_3.0_4wd_big.jpg

Toyota Hilux...3.0 DIESEL Motor....thats what I drove down there (one of my dads)

http://www.blacktoyota.com.au/images/about-prado.jpg

Toyota Prado...dont know what engine it has..also diesel.

mikelemoine
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
A good friend of mine is looking at the all new 2007 Toyota Tundra 1/2 ton truck. It looks like it is the best half ton truck on the market. Their V8 is 5.7L and is rated at 381hp and 410lbft torque. That is as much HP as a Lightning. The new trucks are coming out of the brand new plant in San Antonio. They are also rated to tow over ten thousand lbs. The stock brakes are 4 wheels disc and 14" 4 piston fronts. Can you say Brembo sized braking!! They are also working on a diesel 3/4 ton truck which will hurt American makers badly. A lot of PowerStroke and Cummins owners say they would buy is foreign 3/4 ton diesel truck if one is available... Americans need to break their old habits of unions and car manufaturing before the foreign makers take over the entire auto market. They have already done it with economy and into luxury cars and sedans. Heavy trucks is the last frontier!
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/951/thumbs/2007_Tundra_12.jpg
What kind of performance will the Toyota give with "L" horsepower? It almost seems like the car makers are overstating their HP claims, 300+HP seems common nowadays but the Ford/Dodge/Nissan trucks with all this power aren't really all that quick. Anyway could be interesting to throw a Vortec on that Toyota and see what comes of it. They make durable motors so they would probably hold up ok...

Fuzion
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
This was posted earlier this evening on Ricekiller.com

Good evening my fellow auto enthusiasts. We have decided to throw a huge party for the 2007 Tundra launch in Feb. The party will consist of the following:

*2007 Tundra demo's (along with Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Nissan fullsize trucks on site for comparison)
*Scion Display
*Vheicle appraisal lane (for an instant in person walk around with proffessional vehicle appraisers from different parts of the country)
*Live Band
*Barbeque
*Bounce House (kiddo entertainment)
*Prizes
*Fellowship

All of you guys and gals are welcome to come on out and participate. Also, I want a custom car display set up right in the front of the dealership. You will also get to demo the all new 2007 Tundra before anyone else in the metroplex. This is going to be alot of fun and something new. Plus, all of those truck lovers are going to love checking out the hottest rides in DFW.

Thank you for your support.

Feb. 16th 6pm to 9pm

Please RSVP for planning. (if possible)

98Cobra
01-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Its always easy being the "newest" truck in the segment. F150 is due for a refresh in what, 2008? 2009? I heard a freshning could appear in as little as 18 months...