PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning diesel fuel stains?

Moonshine
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Anyone know an easy way to clean diesel fuel stains off of asphalt? Changed my fuel filters this weekend in the street in front of a friends' house, and got a pretty big stain on the asphalt road. Tried scruubbing it with gasoline, and it lightened it a bit but it's still very noticeable. Ideas welcomed.

Silver_2000
12-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Anyone know an easy way to clean diesel fuel stains off of asphalt? Changed my fuel filters this weekend in the street in front of a friends' house, and got a pretty big stain on the asphalt road. Tried scruubbing it with gasoline, and it lightened it a bit but it's still very noticeable. Ideas welcomed.

Its oil it needs to be soaked up some how

my2002lightning
12-11-2006, 02:27 AM
I used some of that Oil-Dry Kitty Litter stuff when I spilled some used Royal-Purple during a L oil-change here in the parking garage.

It seems to work well.

03LightningRocks
12-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Its oil it needs to be soaked up some how

I am thinking that the typical materials used to soak up oil might not work on asphalt. Asphalt is porus and has allot of oil in it to begin with.

PoorSvtman
12-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I am thinking that the typical materials used to soak up oil might not work on asphalt. Asphalt is porus and has allot of oil in it to begin with.

yea pretty much no way to get it off... theres spots in front of my house when my drive shaft broke and got towed home.. been over a year and there still there.you should see our yard around our mechanics shop.....

Also enough diesel can actualy break down asphalt... If you drive down I30 west of 360 where they just overlayed few months ago you can see the darker spots on the highways where the floboy drivers cleaned off the back of there haul trucks with diesel.. Those spots will eventualy turn into pot holes...

L8 APEX
12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I put down some zorbee and ground it into the pavement with a 50's dancing motion. Funny looking but it worked well. It ground into fine dust as it absorbed oil and stuff. Happy Feet:D

Silver_2000
12-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I put down some zorbee and ground it into the pavement with a 50's dancing motion. Funny looking but it worked well. It ground into fine dust as it absorbed oil and stuff. Happy Feet:D

I pay to see Moonshine do that dance ... lol

03LightningRocks
12-12-2006, 09:41 AM
So the trick is in the 50's dance motion. I bet Moonshine put it down with a disco type motion from the 70's.

Moonshine
12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
So the trick is in the 50's dance motion. I bet Moonshine put it down with a disco type motion from the 70's.

Moonshine hasn't put it down yet. He's waiting to evaluate all the recommended dance steps before he decides which one to use. :tu: Sorry Ron, but so far 70's disco is trailing the other choices. The Gibb brothers still make me wanna' retch 30 years later.

Aggie Mom
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Have you tried Simple Green. It works on just about every stain I need to clean up on the garage floor. No dancing required. This "friend" must be a woman, cause men don't give a sh*t about stains on asphalt :twitch:

L8 APEX
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
She's sharp a a razor!:bows

You like my avatar Mom:D

03LightningRocks
12-15-2006, 03:16 AM
She's sharp a a razor!:bows

You like my avatar Mom:D

Holy sh!t!!! Charlie Brown popping wood for Linus. I always suspected ole C.B. was gay. Cripes....look at all the years Lucy strutted her stuff for C.B. he never once shagged her real good...never once! Well now we know why.