PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have box for two 12 in. sub woofers ...

RSVT
12-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have truck box for two 12 in. sub woofers that fits bhind our seats? if you do how much?;)

Cammin4V
12-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Does anyone have truck box for two 12 in. sub woofers that fits bhind our seats? if you do how much?;)

I can get you a new one.

I might be interested in selling mine too. I have considered just dropping down to 1 12 so i can have some storage space.

Are you looking for subs too, or just the box?

gagspa
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm thinking about getting a box for my one 10" sub. I may build it or just break down and buy one.

RSVT
12-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I can get you a new one.

I might be interested in selling mine too. I have considered just dropping down to 1 12 so i can have some storage space.

Are you looking for subs too, or just the box?

much can you get one brand new? how do you want for yours?, i have 2-12" Diamond Audio spkrs they have a big a55 magnet, so need a box that fits bhind the seat and the spkrs to fit in the box:confused:

RSVT
12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
I may build it or just break down and buy one.

you know how to build it custom to fit excatly? if you maybe could build me one:twitch: :tu:

SILVER2000SVT
12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't think you can get even a single 12" to sound worth a crap in a behind-the-seat box in our trucks. Even if you could get enough air space, one of the things I watch out for is whether the back side of the speaker is too close to the back or side inside surfaces of the box. In my profession opinion I believe you can get even just a single 10" to sound much better than a single or two 12" in our trucks almost everytime.

Trust me, bigger is not always better when it comes to subs. Especially when dealing with tight locations.

Cammin4V
12-07-2006, 12:18 PM
I don't think you can get even a single 12" to sound worth a crap in a behind-the-seat box in our trucks. Even if you could get enough air space, one of the things I watch out for is whether the back side of the speaker is too close to the back or side inside surfaces of the box. In my profession opinion I believe you can get even just a single 10" to sound much better than a single or two 12" in our trucks almost everytime.

Trust me, bigger is not always better when it comes to subs. Especially when dealing with tight locations.

I agree. I got a bad ass deal on the set because my buddy owns a shop and had them laying around, so it was hard to refuse, but I am considering going to 1 10. I hardly ever have the bass turned up anyways.

BC Lightning
12-07-2006, 01:12 PM

+1 bigger is not always better when it comes to speakers, to make the 12's fit you will have to do a cut-through box and go throught the back wall into the bed

SILVER2000SVT
12-07-2006, 01:20 PM
+1 bigger is not always better when it comes to speakers, to make the 12's fit you will have to do a cut-through box and go throught the back wall into the bed

You could even just do a cut-through for a port only,(maybe 6" square) with box in the bed could be made to sound awesome. But even as crazy as I am, I'm not willing to hack up my Lightning to do it, and I wouldn't want to lose the bed space.

gagspa
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
you know how to build it custom to fit excatly? if you maybe could build me one:twitch: :tu:
I've built a couple before, but they are not professional. I just go to the sub's website and get the instructions online. Mine is a Polk Audio and Polk has basic dimensions for the box. It will only get me .66 cuft but it is better than nothing. Here are the dimensions of the box I intend to build.

Width 13-1/8" (33.34cm)
Height 13" (33.02cm)
Bottom Depth 13-1/2" (34.29cm)
Top Depth 7-1/2" (19.05cm)
Fill 1/2 lb. Dacron

I now need to make sure that it will fit behind the seat and then start building. Probably over Xmas break.

I am far from being an audiophile, so I can deal with it not being great. I figure that it will be better than what it is. Besides, I refuse to give up the stock head unit so it is already the restrictive part.

Cammin4V
12-17-2006, 07:23 PM
i have my box. i just got rid of my L. do you want the subs in it, or just the box?

SVTJoseCuervo
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
i have my box. i just got rid of my L. do you want the subs in it, or just the box?

is that the only thing you took off the L?

Cammin4V
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
i could take whatever i want off of it. i also have the amp, and can trade the hood for a stock black one.

the tonneau could probably be traded as well.

why? what you want?