PDA

View Full Version : The forum is now running on the new server

Silver_2000
11-20-2002, 03:23 PM
If you have any comments on the switch or the perfomance difference you expereince between the 2 post them here.

Also post if you had trouble getting to the Forum or if you posted this before 1:00 pm today and the post isnt here

Thanks

Doug

Silver_2000
11-20-2002, 05:15 PM
Ther have been two reports of issues staying logged in to the forum or posting.

It is caused by the temporary redirect we have in place while the new servers address gets sent around the Internet to the DNS servers - That should be complete in 2 days

Since BOTH JD and I have been able to post I know it is possible to read and post ;)

In the mean time what you might try is deleting the cookies associated with svtlightnings.com
Mine were named
dboss@svtlightnings[2].txt
dboss@www.talon.svtlightnings[2].txt
dboss@www.svtlightnings[2].txt
dboss@talon.svtlightnings[2].txt

Delete them all and try to login...

Sorry for the temporary issues while DNS propagates BUT I am happy that the sites never were insaccessible.

The new server seems a lot more responsive and has been up for 20 days so far ... A BIG, BIG improvement over the last one.

J.D. Blackwell
11-20-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Since BOTH JD and I have been able to post I know it is possible to read and post ;)

That is because we are special.:D

P.S. It sure is a lot more responsive now.:tu:

Silver_2000
11-20-2002, 05:56 PM
It is NOT saving my cookies either - :(

It is related to the redirect we are using ..

I will ask support if that have a workaround.

The only thing I know of that would have worked is leave the OLD forum UP till the DNS propagates but then the messages that were posted after the data was copied today would have been LOST. You would have been magically forwarded to the new server when your ISP DNS cache gets updated BUT the 2 days of messages would be lost in black hole...

Sorry

Doug

Silver_2000
11-20-2002, 06:46 PM
OK I think I got it

I did some background changes and it has worked for me I have stayed logged in since..

Just DONT use your OLD links to this forum for the next few days. OR any links off the other pages. Use this link

http://205.214.76.165/~talonsv/forum/index.php save it as a favorite for later...

L8 APEX
11-20-2002, 07:14 PM
What's up with the time? Never mind it is correct now:)

blueoval01
11-21-2002, 05:23 PM
I can post now too, Doug.
Damn, I was starting to go through withdrawal .....:D

Red2002
11-21-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
I can post now too, Doug.
Damn, I was starting to go through withdrawal .....:D

Hehe.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-39362.gif
I lost two posts between the time the old server was shut down and transfered to the new one. They were made at about 8:30am yesterday and didn't get posted on the new server. No big deal though, just FYI.

One reply was to Justin's brake pads and the other was to Steve's car show thread.

Silver_2000
11-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
Hehe.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-39362.gif
I lost two posts between the time the old server was shut down and transfered to the new one. They were made at about 8:30am yesterday and didn't get posted on the new server. No big deal though, just FYI.

One reply was to Justin's brake pads and the other was to Steve's car show thread.

I turned off the Other forum as soon as the data was moved BUT I missed a couple. No easy way to move the posts sorry

Doug

Silver_2000
11-21-2002, 08:19 PM
The DNS changes are starting to happen. At work the IP has updated and I have started getting emails in the new server from a number of people so it is helping...

And the server has been up for 21 dats and seems to be faster than the last one...

Doug