PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news

L8 APEX
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I am not very happy with the fake Rancho's Ford sold us on these FX4 packaged trucks! They have a Motorcraft stamping and part number on the shock body but a Rancho decal. They act nothing like a Rancho. I had a customer recetnly with a rebound problem while towing. We changed the fakes out for the Rancho RS9000's. He said it was a marked improvement and he wants to change out the fronts soon.
If all goes well I will do a full Rancho swap on my truck for Christmas maybe. I am hoping a Rancho stabilizer will be more effective than stock as well.:tu:

Mark #2
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I am not very happy with the fake Rancho's Ford sold us on these FX4 packaged trucks! They have a Motorcraft stamping and part number on the shock body but a Rancho decal. They act nothing like a Rancho. I had a customer recetnly with a rebound problem while towing. We changed the fakes out for the Rancho RS9000's. He said it was a marked improvement and he wants to change out the fronts soon.
If all goes well I will do a full Rancho swap on my truck for Christmas maybe. I am hoping a Rancho stabilizer will be more effective than stock as well.:tu:

The Rancho 9000s are great but the poly bushings degrade over time and completely crack out of the shocks to metal to metal contact, 4x4 parts has replacement bushings.

14 years of K5 data, they are good, but it is probably time for new ones, only 72K miles;)

I guess I will just keep the K5 forever, it passed dyno inspection Saturday with flying colors again, no where near the acceptable values.