PDA

View Full Version : JDM Shortblock

03LightningRocks
11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Built in January 2005. I lifted the heads on this motor. The short block is in great shape with only about 500 miles on it.

$2500.00 or best offer.

03LightningRocks
11-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Built in January 2005. I lifted the heads on this motor. The short block is in great shape with only about 500 miles on it.

$2500.00 or best offer.

I have recieved a couple questions on this short block. Here is the description.

Features of this short block include:
• New 2004 Block
• Steel Crank (1000 HP)
• ARP Main Studs
• Manley Rods (900 HP)
• JDM Spec'd Pistons
• JDM Spec'd Bearing and Rings
• New Rear Main Seal
• Blueprinted and Balanced

Link to the motor is here http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2

tiffo60
11-10-2006, 11:55 AM

$2500.00 or best offer.

so does that mean 2000 1/4 mile passes:D

03LightningRocks
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
so does that mean 2000 1/4 mile passes:D

LOL...no. I didn't run it long enough for that many. The 500 miles was mostly from the break in period.

I didn't run the whole season the year I installed it because FFW pi$$ed me off. I would have to guess maybe 30 passes?

Deviant
11-18-2006, 03:52 AM
are the heads and the top end all that would be required to make this fit in my lightning. Like would there be any other modification necessary.

Also would you be opposed to shipping. I was referred over here by someone on NLOC. However i am in CA.

Finally is it 2500 firm or is there any wiggle room

03LightningRocks
11-18-2006, 10:45 AM
are the heads and the top end all that would be required to make this fit in my lightning. Like would there be any other modification necessary.

Also would you be opposed to shipping. I was referred over here by someone on NLOC. However i am in CA.

Finally is it 2500 firm or is there any wiggle room

I am not sure what you are trying to ask. It is a typical short block. And yes it will fit in your Lightning.

It is this short block http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...?products_id=2 (http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2)

Deviant
11-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I am sorry maybe my questions were not clear i dont know a ton about these engine things.

Correct me if i am wrong but all i would need in order to make this work for my truck would be the heads, which would make it into a long block. From there i put on the entire manifold and super charger assembly and everything is ready to run correct.

The reason i ask is cause i lifted the heads and blew a head gasket on my original block and so i have patriot stage two cams at home. Plus i have all of the lightning top end stuff

03LightningRocks
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
I am sorry maybe my questions were not clear i dont know a ton about these engine things.

Correct me if i am wrong but all i would need in order to make this work for my truck would be the heads, which would make it into a long block. From there i put on the entire manifold and super charger assembly and everything is ready to run correct.

The reason i ask is cause i lifted the heads and blew a head gasket on my original block and so i have patriot stage two cams at home. Plus i have all of the lightning top end stuff

Oh...now I get what your asking. Basicly...yes. You would also need to use the oil pan and pick up tube from your engine. I am not positive if the oil pump is on it. I am about 98% sure it is...I can check, but that is also not a big deal as you can just use the one off your engine.

One more item you may want to consider. It has been brought up to me that it would not be a bad idea to replace the bearings while the motor is apart. I have been told that main bearing kits are not that expensive and by doing this, it would put the motor in like new condition. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bearings as the motor does not have much use on it. Some engine builders say it is a good idea, some say there is no point in it. I would do it if it where me, simply because it is all right in front of you and inexpensive to do.

On the price, make me an offer. Shipping is on you, regardless of price. The last block I had shipped to me from New Jersey was about 600 shipping....I think.

PM or email me with your offer, so we don't keep going back and forth on the forum.

plano.air@verizon.net

GoldLS1
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Location of short block??

03LightningRocks
11-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Location of short block??

Plano Texas

LOL....just North of Bangladesh

dboat
11-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Plano Texas

LOL....just North of Bangladesh

Otherwise known as

Plan zero, Tx.. :evil

Home of Texas big hair..

Deviant
11-18-2006, 11:33 PM
hey i work for fedex and so i dont think that it will be as much seeing as i can give you a fedex account number for you to ship it

03LightningRocks
11-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Otherwise known as

Plan zero, Tx.. :evil

Home of Texas big hair..

I've just been schooled by you. But it makes sense.:D

03LightningRocks
11-19-2006, 10:19 AM
hey i work for fedex and so i dont think that it will be as much seeing as i can give you a fedex account number for you to ship it

The block is already on a shipping skid and in a shipping box. It's the same style box Ford ships it's motors in.

Rocks