PDA

View Full Version : MOD Party - JDM is stopping in Dallas Tuesday before FFW

Silver_2000
04-16-2002, 08:35 PM
If you have been wanting a chip or other mods Jim and Shawn and crew will be here Tuesday the 30th. Planning a Evening mod party Tuesday. If you can get off work they should be here all day. ( Arriving Monday )
Great chance to get mods installed before Houston FFW. Also excellent chance to get custom tuned/installed chip or other mods.:tu:
Post here your availability and we'll start trying to firm up the schedule..

Doug

98Cobra
04-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Whadya know, my Tuesday evening just opened up. I still need some chip tweaking on my shifts, I think.:tu:

Crawford
04-17-2002, 08:58 AM
I cant afford to get any more mods put on. I will be there after work for morale support. I will bring my shotgun just in case ;) Do we have a location set yet? You know, Bonedaddy's is right down the street from Mark's?!

DWSmooth
04-17-2002, 10:38 AM
I will be there, I need some more fine tuning of my flipchip.

David

J.D. Blackwell
04-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Maybe he will bring my shortblock, 166, ARP head studs, intercooler, plugs, etc.:(

Actionpike
04-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Since I have decided to keep my truck. I will be there just let me know where it will be. I can see if I want to do anything.

Crawford
04-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Do we have any idea what parts will be available when they come down? Do we know what they are going to be installing? Do we know what the fees will be for installs?

Actionpike
04-17-2002, 01:17 PM
That would help me plan what I can do also.

J.D. Blackwell
04-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Just got off the phone with Justin. He said that Jim and Shaun will have their trailer full of goodies along with my shortblock, 166, intercooler, ARP's, and plugs. So now Doug will be able to finally take a picture of the 166 and post pictures on the other sights. :D

Crawford
04-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Justin,
Hope you are right but I am not going to hold my breath!!! :vomit:

J.D. Blackwell
04-17-2002, 04:01 PM
LOL, yeah if anyone of us has to hold our breath then we may end up dead. I was suppose to have everything the first of April. I know Jim is very very busy and I that is the first thing I consider every time he says that things have been delayed, but how much time can he delay me when I payed him the full amount in advance?

Shannan, the guy with my heads, was suppose to have my $h!t ready a couple of weeks ago also. He has informed me that they will be ready when I go to Baytown. Luckily I haven't paid him a dime yet.
Things never go the way you want them too.:(

Crawford
04-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Man I feel for you. Hope everyone comes through!!! Cant wait to see your truck back together!

Silver_2000
04-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Justin
Jim told me he was 2 weeks ahead of time on your Engine. That he had promised it in 6-8 weeks....

Oh Well lets just hope he brings it ...

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
04-17-2002, 05:12 PM
LOL, He told me the first of April. I shipped it to him the very first of March and he told me it would take him 2 weeks, so I was looking at a 4 week turn around. Oh well.:rolleyes:

Edit: Jim told me quote, "I will have your engine in back to you in time to get it together and running for FFW Houston."

Crawford
04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
That would be FFW Houston 2003 right? Just kidding... I think I know too much about this subject so I am going to be quiet now. :D

Mark #2
04-18-2002, 10:50 AM
Doug,
I have some stuff in the mail from JDM. I will probably have them on by the time they come down, but my garages are still offered.

You are welcome to stop by and check to see if there is enough room.

Limitations:
School night is limited to 9:30 to 10:00, pushing it.
No real place to street test any mods, too close to the local authorities.

Red2002
04-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have any information on the ETA of the 2002 chips? As of 2 months ago there were none available.

I'd like to get the chip and pulley while Jim is down here, but I can't get a confirmation. I'd like to run the 4# pulley but have received advice from numerous L experts that a 4#'er without a chip is an extremely bad idea.:nono:

Silver_2000
04-18-2002, 06:42 PM
JDM has 2002 chips..
Shaun from JDM may be here as early as Sunday..... Jim may fly in later.... More details when I see them at the track in Atlanta tomorrow
Doug

MadMax
04-22-2002, 06:45 PM
i would ante up for a few mods...but with telecom I must be very selective...and space it all out...bummer... :mad:

of course..with the price of mods for these trucks...you figure to drag race your better off with a 5.0 Mustang...and that is no opinion..thats a fact jack! Mod prices are more in line with us peasants......2 grand for a full length header system is no mere pittance...King Henry VIII would have seen heads roll at these prices..IMHO

regardless..I gotty have it anyway...2 large or not!! :hammer:

David N
04-22-2002, 08:11 PM
I think the mods on my truck should keep them busy..i have the headers,chip,water pump,ele fans,deep tranny pan and lower pully .....

Crawford
04-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I doubt they will be installing all of that stuff while they are here. When they were down last time they would not install the line mod for James because it is quite a lengthy and messy job. The only things they installed on their last trip down that I can remember were chips, filters, pullies, boost bypass, breather caps, and thats about it. Not sure but you will have to ask them when they come down what they are able to install.

David N
04-23-2002, 11:04 AM
Crawford,

last week when i called and gave them my parts list and paid for everything justin at JDM said that they would and could do everything while they are here(that was the first time i found out about them coming to Dallas) and will bring everything down and save me the shipping cost.... i plan to call them and make sure that everything is cool ...... i can also try to help out with looking for a place to do all the work if needed... i'm not sure what doug has working but they did say that he was the local contact here...

Crawford
04-23-2002, 11:22 AM
That is cool that they are going to install everything. I hope I am around when they do it. I want to see the header install and the water pump/fan install! :cool:

Silver_2000
04-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Mark #2 and Logan both offered thier garages at one time....

Since Logan has sold his truck and since Marks neighbors may freak if we have 10-15 lightnings in the neighborhood till wee hours we may need to look at other alternatives...

Worst case I clean out my garage and they just do it there... Only issue are it is rear entry house with alley, short drive way, no air tools....

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
04-23-2002, 12:01 PM
I will offer my 6,500 sq. ft. shop to Jim and Shaun to use, but I know you city guys don't want to drive that far to get mods installed. But I did offer it to you though. That means something.;) I do have an air compressor and almost every tool imaginable also.

Crawford
04-23-2002, 12:12 PM
I will also offer up my place. Its an apartment complex and I have a covered car port! One Lightning should fit in there pretty snug. Oh and no tools or electricity. Bathroom is on the third floor. :tu:

J.D. Blackwell
04-23-2002, 12:23 PM
That will work fine if you live next to the beer store.;)

Silver_2000
04-23-2002, 12:37 PM
JD thanks for the offer but the commute would be an issue...
;)
Doug

Crawford
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Justin,
The beer store is about 15 minutes away. I think we can come up with a systematic process of keeping a continuous stock of beer on hand. :burnout:

J.D. Blackwell
04-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Over here in East Texas we call that a KEG!:D

Crawford
04-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Lets hope they call it KEG in Houston too because I think we might be needing one of those when we get there!!

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
LOL, yeah if anyone of us has to hold our breath then we may end up dead. I was suppose to have everything the first of April. I know Jim is very very busy and I that is the first thing I consider every time he says that things have been delayed, but how much time can he delay me when I payed him the full amount in advance?

Shannan, the guy with my heads, was suppose to have my $h!t ready a couple of weeks ago also. He has informed me that they will be ready when I go to Baytown. Luckily I haven't paid him a dime yet.
Things never go the way you want them too.:(

I just wanted a certain someone to read this again. Don't get the wrong idea, Jim had my block ready the middle of April, but I JUST found out that my heads were not going to be ready and wanted him to bring it to FFW and save me some $$$. Jim originally told me that I would have it back the first part of April, but that was then and this is now. It never goes the way you want it to be. But that is how life is. This is no flame whatsoever.:cool:

Silver_2000
04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Has anyone heard from Jim whether he is coming to Dallas or not ???

I am at work and havent had time/opportunity.

Yesterday it seems everyone and thier brother had time to call him and tell him I was trashing him on the boards..... Has anyone spoken to him today ?

Doug

98Cobra
04-24-2002, 04:39 PM
????? When were you trashing JDM, Doug?

I must missed that thread.

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
He called me a little while ago and we chatted. He told me that he was going to post what his schedule is going to be so everyone would know.

David N
04-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Doug,

I sopke with Justin @JDM today..first he said that everything for Dalllas was a GO then i asked the cost for all the installs on my truck and he came back and said that they are not sure about Dallas..... he also said they only had me and few others on his list of work in Dallas ......

When were you trashing JDM, Doug? I'M with 98cobra on this one.....

Silver_2000
04-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
????? When were you trashing JDM, Doug?

I must missed that thread.

The Frustration post I posted in error in the other thread was seen by the lurking masses as "trashing". They promptly called Jim. Not sure if he ever read the thread in question since he was looking on F150online....

Oh Well... Let no good deed go unpunished - :hammer:

This post should be in the other threads as welll...LOL

Doug

PS- I had hoped to get a few things done to my truck while he was here as well... But they may just have to wait till July .... For example - I dont want to add 90mm mass air unless I can get A/F checked. I know my current setuip is Perfectly tuned dont want to chance it ...

Silver_2000
04-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Closing this one...

Jim and crew are buried in work and are planning on going straight to Houston. He said that if there was enough demand he would consider stopping in Dallas after the event. Talk to him at the shop or in Houston if you are intrerested in having him do work oin your truck..

Doug