PDA

View Full Version : Billet grill install

Chris94L
10-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Got a Carriage Works grill where you have to cut the stock shell to install it. Any tips and/or pointers? The destructions that came with it pretty much sucked. I know Trevor has one, any help?

Flats Man
10-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Trevor's Grill shell comes out pretty easy so maybe you could use that as your pattern or take some measurements. He is up in Redmond, Washington right now but gets home tomorrow! Good luck!

Chris94L
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Have a pretty good of what I am going to do. I don't see how they expect you to keep the stock mounting tabs at the bottom. So I think I am going to cut those off, since I realized the vertical tubes holding everything together are hollow. I will let it sit on the bottom edge and drill some holes and stick short lengths of rod or something in there, and the tabs that come off the back will go onto the header panel. Now I just have to come up with some upper brackets as the ones it come with don't look like they are bent right at all

L8 APEX
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
The gen2 CW grilles you drill through the shell and use pop-rivits in the vertical tubes to fasten the grill to the shell.

Chris94L
10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Now that you mention it, it is about the same size as the rivits they include. I figured the rivits were for the upper brackets. Dunno if I mentioned it, but the instructions f'n SUCK!