PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion

eliteweiner
09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Well on the way to go visit some friends at Texas Tech, I got pulled over for not having a front license plate. What do you have one yours? a bracket, in the bumper or what? I really dont want to do it, but the law is the law.
lets see some pictures of what you have

WA 2 FST
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I would advise to pay the fine and move on. I've owned a Lightning for 7 years (had a '99 prior to my '04) and I have never put a plate on either. I've also never gotten a ticket for it, but I have on another vehicle and I just paid the fine... and refused to put the plate on.

SVTJoseCuervo
09-23-2006, 07:54 PM
if you get a lawyer he would probbably remove it without having to pay it...happened to me once...i just got another in in waxahachie while i was driving my brothers gf Tc...havent done anything about that one yet...

....put it inside the truck...by the window..thats what im doing now

eliteweiner
09-24-2006, 01:10 AM
it was just a warning, and it was in the dash

gagspa
09-25-2006, 10:14 AM
On the dash doesn't work because the law says something about being on the front of the vehicle. Also, I don't think that I would like to have a sharp metal plate laying on the dash in the event of an accident. That thing could do some damage.

SVTJoseCuervo
09-25-2006, 01:57 PM
On the dash doesn't work because the law says something about being on the front of the vehicle. Also, I don't think that I would like to have a sharp metal plate laying on the dash in the event of an accident. That thing could do some damage.

im going to put something around it..but true......will see what happens

Tex Arcana
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM

I got popped twice a couple years ago on the same weekend for this, and the second pop (state trooper) told me it's supposed to be visible from the front, and the reason he pulled me was because he didn't see it from his driving position (he was in one of their cameros).

Both times I got popped, I showed them there was no place at all to mount it; when the trooper put it in front of the lower grille, I showed him why that's impossible by popping the hood--even had to explain that it's stock that way. :rll: After he put his eyeballs back in his head, he told me to "figure some way to mount it, and have a ncie day."

I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. Most cops won't even bother you unless something else you're doing or how you look makes 'em suspicious. Keep the plate in the cab with you, and every time they pull you, show 'em why you can't mount it, most times they'll let you off with a warning.

03LightningRocks
09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Actually, there is a place to mount it if you have the stock bumper/airdam. There are slight indents where the holes are supposed to be drilled.

I just pay the fine and move on, but I have heard and been told by the court that if I would put it on and show up, they would dismiss the ticket. I didn't feel up to playing the game.

The "no front plate" ticket is usually an after thought to a different offense.

Tex Arcana
09-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Actually, there is a place to mount it if you have the stock bumper/airdam. There are slight indents where the holes are supposed to be drilled.

I just pay the fine and move on, but I have heard and been told by the court that if I would put it on and show up, they would dismiss the ticket. I didn't feel up to playing the game.

The "no front plate" ticket is usually an after thought to a different offense.

:nono: SHHHHHH!!!! DAmmit, don't you konw what "plausible deniability" means??? :hammer: