PDA

View Full Version : Minor 05 F250 issues

L8 APEX
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Well I noticed my original tires are weather cracking on the sidewalls pretty good. They were made the 42nd week of 04, I am at 47 something thousand miles. This is disapointing given they are less than two years old. I don't know if it will affect the integrity of the tire or not, but it looks like crap with cracks here and there. I almost though I may have overloaded them until the Discount guy said it was dry rot. I only rubbed them with shiny twice I think. He said shiny keeps the sidewalls conditioned but I think the petroleum stuff dries them out.. Thoughts?
The other issue was the high mount stop lamp bulb. I noticed it was out and thinking back it had been a while. Other folks may want to check their 3rd lamp bulb.. It is a 922 bulb and I could not find it in long life style bulbs...
That is all recently.. Still one of the hardest working trucks I have ever had the pleasure of working hard:tu: .

dboat
09-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Terry, unless you are using really old shiny stuff on the wheels, all of the new formulations of reasonably popular stuff wont dry rot your tires.. can you get new ones at least pro rated under warranty?

Moonshine
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
My legs aren't long enough to step on the brake pedal and look at the 3rd brake light at the same time. Absent some reflective window or building you may have to check my 6 for me. :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I noticed it not shining in the shop windows last week. It also did not glow against the tailgate at night or bounce off the ATV when in the bed. I have traveled some rough fire roads that may have shortened bulb life. I only used Some Zaino tire gloss twice, I hate cracks in the tires! Oh well..