PDA

View Full Version : Traded the L

QDRHRSE
08-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I don't know how I managed it but I got a guy to trade me straight across for a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 for my L. I like the L and all but it's a 2000 with over a 100K on it. I tried to sell it and couldn't get chit for it despite everything on the truck being new. The Mach 1 only has 21k. We are going to do it on Saturday. In fact, I got a lot new toys this week. On monday I picked up a 2005 F150 Crew Cab and got the greatest deal ever! We needed somthing like a station wagon for the baby so I figured that would be the best next next thing.

gagspa
08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't know how I managed it but I got a guy to trade me straight across for a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 for my L. I like the L and all but it's a 2000 with over a 100K on it. I tried to sell it and couldn't get chit for it despite everything on the truck being new. The Mach 1 only has 21k. We are going to do it on Saturday. In fact, I got a lot new toys this week. On monday I picked up a 2005 F150 Crew Cab and got the greatest deal ever! We needed somthing like a station wagon for the baby so I figured that would be the best next next thing.
You will LOVE The Mach!

TXLIGHTNING
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Until you get your doors blown off by a L! Even worse, your old L. :eek:

PoorSvtman
08-24-2006, 07:28 PM
older miles on a L its jsut getting broke in.. I put 117k miles on the stock block. New motor has only 3k miles on it. Finaly hit 120k miles last saturday....

my2002lightning
08-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Good to hear, QDRHRSE. My '02 L is nearing 50K.

It looks like I'm going to acquire our '05 Jeep Liberty Limited through "attrition" it seems as a visitation vehicle.:cool:

Ronald

QDRHRSE
08-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Until you get your doors blown off by a L! Even worse, your old L. :eek:

I have a Zex kit waiting to go on....I doubt it. The Mach 1 has exhaust, 4.30's, an EXCAL2, a tune and some other goodies. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot fast L's out there but not too many of them are going to beat the Mach head up. The Mach also weighs 1500 or more pounds less. It's not a fair comparison. I will definitely miss being in the baddest truck around. However, life is about experience and I'm on to a different one.

I loved the L but I can't keep 2 trucks and I'm coming out way ahead in this deal. There's also some other stuff that involves a friend and the cab coming off the truck again a couple of weeks ago....I'm not going to elaborate but it cost my friend almost $3500 to make it right and I don't think that he realizes that he really put the hurt on a 20 year friendship. My 3k engine is like new again and I got to update a few things. By the way- Lightnings are tough. Way tougher than most people give them credit for. My truck is one of the most durable pieces of hardware I've ever had. It withstood some real punishment. I had to replace a lot of stuff. Better than new now.

TXLIGHTNING
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a Zex kit waiting to go on....I doubt it. The Mach 1 has exhaust, 4.30's, an EXCAL2, a tune and some other goodies. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot fast L's out there but not too many of them are going to beat the Mach head up. The Mach also weighs 1500 or more pounds less. It's not a fair comparison. I will definitely miss being in the baddest truck around. However, life is about experience and I'm on to a different one.

I loved the L but I can't keep 2 trucks and I'm coming out way ahead in this deal. There's also some other stuff that involves a friend and the cab coming off the truck again a couple of weeks ago....I'm not going to elaborate but it cost my friend almost $3500 to make it right and I don't think that he realizes that he really put the hurt on a 20 year friendship. My 3k engine is like new again and I got to update a few things. By the way- Lightnings are tough. Way tougher than most people give them credit for. My truck is one of the most durable pieces of hardware I've ever had. It withstood some real punishment. I had to replace a lot of stuff. Better than new now. I was just messin with ya Tom. Hope you like your new ride.:tu: :beer:

QDRHRSE
08-27-2006, 04:05 AM
It happened. I can't believe it. The car is like fricken new. The guy was a dimwit. I am absolutely in awe. I love the Mach 1. It may be as fast, if not faster, than the L. It's the best driving Mustang that I've had. Much better than my Cobra. It drives great and feels like the 4.30's were the factory gear. I thought that it would feel a little over geared but I was dead wrong. As a matter of fact, you can leave the car in 5th at any speed over 40 and as long as you don't stop you never need to shift. It's very comfortable too. I made out. As soon as I can remember how to do it- I'll post pics.

dboat
08-27-2006, 04:22 AM
It happened. I can't believe it. The car is like fricken new. The guy was a dimwit. I am absolutely in awe. I love the Mach 1. It may be as fast, if not faster, than the L. It's the best driving Mustang that I've had. Much better than my Cobra. It drives great and feels like the 4.30's were the factory gear. I thought that it would feel a little over geared but I was dead wrong. As a matter of fact, you can leave the car in 5th at any speed over 40 and as long as you don't stop you never need to shift. It's very comfortable too. I made out. As soon as I can remember how to do it- I'll post pics.

Tom, thats great!! post up pics..

Dana