PDA

View Full Version : Mods that didn't work....

QDRHRSE
08-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Guys,

Looks like I'm keeping my truck. I sold my Cobra instead and bought another Fox body Coupe. Anyway, I still sold off some of my mods because I didn't think that they helped. For sure, the SBTB did nothing. I sold my SCT stuff because without a good tuner it's worthless. I've had great success with a wideband and predator. I'm not sure about the headers but I'm inclined to say 0 gains. I'm not sure about the catless mids- all I know is that I had to go with an 8lb pulley to get my boost back (the typical DA where I live is 4000 ft.....thin air). Have any of you wasted money on mods that didn't produce gains? If you are willing to admit it, what were they?

dboat
08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Tom,

you should ask Ron(Rocks) about that great mod he did when he put the plasma boosters on his truck!!! (tonge firmly in cheek):evil

I was at the dyno that day..

Dana

Mark #2
08-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Tom,

you should ask Ron(Rocks) about that great mod he did when he put the plasma boosters on his truck!!! (tonge firmly in cheek):evil
Dana
I remember that and was there too.

I installed an exhaust temperature gage, interesting data for the engineer, but not really meaningful data on a gasoline boosted application. IMHO, but that was before wide bands became affordable. I should take it out and re-arrange the gages, but that is a lot of work, easier to just leave as is.

03LightningRocks
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Most of the mods you mentioned are "helper" mods. They are meant to allow other mods, that do produce higher H.P. ;)

Tex Arcana
08-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Tom,

Dana

Watch it, the :evil b4stard will kick you in the chin and cut yer tongue off.

dboat
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Watch it, the :evil b4stard will kick you in the chin and cut yer tongue off.

Dont think so.. unlike you, he actually likes me.. :evil

03LightningRocks
08-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Dont think so.. unlike you, he actually likes me.. :evil

It's actually funny Dana, I don't even know this Tex dude.

Silver_2000
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
he is convinced that you are out to get him... You need to ease up on the internet attacks.. LOL :evil :evil :hammer: :rll:

Tex Arcana
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
he is convinced that you are out to get him... You need to ease up on the internet attacks.. LOL :evil :evil :hammer: :rll:
Don't you know??? "Paranoia" is just a heightened state of awareness... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/texarcana/SMiles/allnighte.gif

edit: and HELL YES he's out to get me... I've got more tire tracks on my back from him throwing me under the bus than ANY ONE ELSE on this forum. :tongue:

Tex Arcana
08-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Actually, you do know me.. we've met. :cool:

03LightningRocks
08-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Actually, you do know me.. we've met. :cool:

I guess I wasn't very impressed with you, I don't remember ever meeting.:cool: