PDA

View Full Version : Dealer cut my harness

L8 APEX
07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I took my truck to the dealer for warranty work. It needed a new EGR valve as most diesels do. The techs saw the gauges, exhaust and PR sticker and said I had modified it. It was on the stock tune and nothing was broken so there was nothing to concern them. The tech took it upon himself to cut my wiring harness so I could not flash the PCM. I found and fixed the cut wire. What should I do about this malicious act upon my personal property?:flaming:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG6579.JPG

04SVTRACING
07-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I would go back up there and raise some hell about that. That is total bullsh*t. Or just wait in the parking lot one day when he gonna get off and comfront the guy about it.
:hammer:

SILVER2000SVT
07-28-2006, 03:46 PM
That sux, I would be pissed...As much as I would be tempted to go give them a piece of my mind it doesn't make sense to bring it up to them if you still want them doing warranty work in the future. They did that for a reason, probaby so you would say something and give them evidence that you are flashing the computer.

Obviously you can easily repair the splice yourself, but I wonder if this is something they will look for the next time you come in? One idea is to just stick something like a needle in the wire to complete the splice temporaraly for flashing purposes. That way when you need to go back in for warranty work it doesn't look like you tried to repair it.

dboat
07-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I would report it..
Dana

gbgary
07-28-2006, 06:14 PM
what dealership was it? i think i'd say something about it too. if you don't, and it's not documented somehow, the next time you bring it in for some reason they could say that you cut it for some mod and now the warranty is void. sneaky f'ers!

Wht95Lightning
07-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Tell us what dealership. That's getting even right there. :mad:

wesman
07-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Screw a bunch of that....they'd be replacing my harness.

--wes

Mark #2
07-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I took my truck to the dealer for warranty work. It needed a new EGR valve as most diesels do. The techs saw the gauges, exhaust and PR sticker and said I had modified it. It was on the stock tune and nothing was broken so there was nothing to concern them. The tech took it upon himself to cut my wiring harness so I could not flash the PCM. I found and fixed the cut wire. What should I do about this malicious act upon my personal property?:flaming:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG6579.JPG
Just curious how you even thought about looking for a cut wire?

I would tell you to contact a lawyer but no way to prove it so not worth the effort.
I would go back to the dealer and confront them if you are done with warranty work, if not just be pissed.

L8 APEX
07-29-2006, 09:33 PM
That wire is pin 13 on the ALDL. To flash the PCM you raise the voltage on pin 13 to 18 volts and it puts the PCM into flash mode. So per the invoice he reflashed it to the latest version, then cut the wire so I couldn't use a programmer anymore. But another dealer could not either until this wire was repaired. Ford doesn't say you can't program YOUR truck. They just say if your mod breaks something it will not be covered. Well nothing is broken, it was a regular EGR valve replacement. The tech is just playing god with my PCM.

Mark #2
07-29-2006, 09:40 PM
That wire is pin 13 on the ALDL. To flash the PCM you raise the voltage on pin 13 to 18 volts and it puts the PCM into flash mode. So per the invoice he reflashed it to the latest version, then cut the wire so I couldn't use a programmer anymore. But another dealer could not either until this wire was repaired. Ford doesn't say you can't program YOUR truck. They just say if your mod breaks something it will not be covered. Well nothing is broken, it was a regular EGR valve replacement. The tech is just playing god with my PCM.

Take it to another dealer and see if they try to charge you for a new wiring harness.
"Couldn't perform the flash upgrade, have to put a new harness in."
Sounds scamish to me.

wesman
07-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Take it to another dealer and see if they try to charge you for a new wiring harness.
"Couldn't perform the flash upgrade, have to put a new harness in."
Sounds scamish to me.

Screw that, let's go up there and kick that guys ass. I hate dealers.....they rank right up there with currupt ass cops, tow truck drivers and skeezy lawyers.

--wes

RSVT
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Dont Take **** Kick His Ass, Sea Bass

Ohmsby
08-01-2006, 11:04 AM
+1 seems like dealerships are varying degrees of suck.

03'svtlight
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Screw that, let's go up there and kick that guys ass. I hate dealers.....they rank right up there with currupt ass cops, tow truck drivers and skeezy lawyers.

--wes
Jeeezz, I think about as pissed as Terry and its not even my rig.:mad: Every tech has an assigned number so if Terry simply looks at his invoice on the service line, he can identify the punk in the middle of all of this. So lets call and cuss his punk-ass out .:beer:

Tex Arcana
08-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Report it to the service manager; if he offers no satisfaction, take it to another dealer, and see waht he does. If they give you crap, report it to Ford's Consumer Relations line, and see how far up the food chain you can kick it. :cool:

LivinEZ
08-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Just curious how you even thought about looking for a cut wire?

I would tell you to contact a lawyer but no way to prove it so not worth the effort.
I would go back to the dealer and confront them if you are done with warranty work, if not just be pissed.

Hassle or not, I would sue their a$$ for that $hit... I'll give you free attorney service.