View Full Version : Anyone watching the 18wheeler police chase?

tiffo60
07-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Ive been watching for a few hours and hes been running with out any front tires for the last hour and a half:rll:

PoorSvtman
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Im just waiting for the call from work to help shut down the highways.... hope to get a call.. could use the pay

PoorSvtman
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
:eek: im interested in seeing what the 18wheeler dose when it get to the 820 split by mansfield highway

tiffo60
07-23-2006, 06:46 PM
im waiting to see what swat has instore for him

PoorSvtman
07-23-2006, 06:56 PM
thing is tho, they will let it go on for a LONG time before realy trying anything..

PoorSvtman
07-23-2006, 07:07 PM
i bet there going to wait till he gets out to weatherford on 20 where theres pretty much nothing for him to hit to take him out. But just talked to my boss, not going out there damn lol

98Cobra
07-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Glad it was sorted peacefully. The best part was the news coverage. Channel 4 having to abandon the chase to refuel, Channel 11's anchors not knowing ANYTHING (they didnt even mention the last spike strip laid out for the truck!), and Channel 8 scooping everybody by talking to people in the cab by phone.

BC Lightning
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
So how did it end?? I stopped watching about 30 min after they shot the block and they waited out in the back area of the truck

mustgofaster
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
So how did it end?? I stopped watching about 30 min after they shot the block and they waited out in the back area of the truck

The hostage driver fled the cab (dunno if he het her go or she just made a run for it) then they fired teargas into the cab. After that he came out & laid on the ground like a good little boy.

Check out http://www.wfaa.com . They have some good video of the arrest and from his little stop in his neigborhood to show mommy & daddy his shiny new red truck.

99WhiteBeast
07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I still can't believe those front rims held up for so long- you would think they would get so hot it would just break apart:confused:

Tex Arcana
07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
I still can't believe those front rims held up for so long- you would think they would get so hot it would just break apart:confused:
Alcoa can turn this into a killer commercial: "ALCOA-brand wheels: so tough, the can stand up to ANY abuse! (cue chase video clips here)"

Moonshine
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Very low speeds kept the temps low enough that the wheels lasted pretty well. Generally, wheels don't break apart. They just grind down to the hub, and then the real spark show starts. And whether it's the wheel or the hub, that usually grooves the h*ll out of the pavement. I've found more than one bad drunk by spotting a fresh groove, and following the "track" until you come up on the moron cruising along on the rim. I think the furtherest I ever tracked one was about 4 miles before I spotted him.

PoorSvtman
07-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I had the case of not wanting to work hard today so i drove out to where they ended up stoping... Theres a nice set of lines from the rims but nothing majory enough to have to fix.. They still had that part of 20 shut down at 10pm last night according to my boss