PDA

View Full Version : FS: Art Carr 2400 converter

mhays26
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I bought it from one of the locals here, he had put about 5k on it. When I got it, I sent it to Art Carr and had it completely gone through just to make sure it was in top shape. Same one that Mark@LFP sells here...http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=41129 AND
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/catalog/productDetails.php?productID=1143

Ill sell this one for $325. Its exposed for now in the truck at Performance Research. If you want it, you can go get it there, as long as he doesnt mind, and just give him the money and he can make my bill smaller with it.

LMK if you have any questions or anything.

Matt

mustgofaster
07-21-2006, 05:55 PM
A couple of stupid questions...

Will it work in a Gen 1?

How would it be for a Daily driver? I commute 33 miles each way to work; both stop & go & highway miles. I need something that would be good in those conditions.

mhays26
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
I dont think it will work on a Gen 1. Im actually pretty sure of that, someone who is more familiar with a Gen 1 may want to step in give a definite answer. It was great for DD though, I actually could barely tell it was in there for daily driving. I can only hope the 3400 Im going to will be close to as friendly.

Sixpipes
07-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Torque converters typically only work with specific transmissions. Since the Gen I is an E4OD and the Gen II is a 4R100, don't think it will work. :cool:

Mark #2
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Torque converters typically only work with specific transmissions. Since the Gen I is an E4OD and the Gen II is a 4R100, don't think it will work. :cool:

Dennis, what converter do you have?
What differences did you notice?
Data?;)

mhays26
07-21-2006, 07:47 PM

Thats what I thought, but I always hate laying myself out there unless Im 100% sure.

I think the converter was the best mod I have done for the track. Makes the truck leave tons harder.

Sixpipes
07-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Dennis, what converter do you have?
What differences did you notice?
Data?;)

I think I'll be a tenth or two closer to you than I would have been without it. :D

Frank02L
07-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Why didn't you try to sell it locally?

Actually the only difference between a 4 R100 converter and a E4OD is the number of 'studs' to bolt it to the flexplate.

mhays26
07-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Why didn't you try to sell it locally?

Actually the only difference between a 4 R100 converter and a E4OD is the number of 'studs' to bolt it to the flexplate.

Well, the reason is that its LOCAL to these guys right now. It will prob be 3 weeks before I get my hands on the truck again, so I figure it might be easier to try and sell where the truck is first.