PDA

View Full Version : It is time to say goodbye....

QDRHRSE
07-19-2006, 03:40 AM
Unfortunately my life has just been complicated by the birth of my first child. Now that my family has grown to 6 [3 dogs too] things are different. My wife just got her degree a month ago and had baby Sara [10 days ago]. She wants to keep working so we will need daycare for Sara. Since daycare is $1000 a month or so we decided that buying a place for my mother-in-law nearby and having her watch the baby is a better option. Regardless of what we buy, it will be expensive out here. I have a few toys but the Lightning is the most extravagent and the most expensive to keep so it's gotta go. I'm a little sad but maybe in a year or two when I get my MBA I'll be able to afford another. I still have my Cobra and the SC'd 87 Mustang Coupe so I can still race and have fun but it will be without the L.

dboat
07-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Well dang Tom, I saw where you were selling your mods and I started to think that you might be heading that way.. hate to see you go, you added to the board.
But family is first.

Dana

QDRHRSE
07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm still going to be involved in the Lightning scene a little. I made a couple of good friends through my local Lightning Club (SOCALLOC). I'm even going to help one of the guys install his built motor.

I go through cars every year and usually I don't get attached but I did so much work on my L that I'm sad to see it go. It was a total roach when I bought it and I basically restored it back to new condition. Somebody is going to get a nice L cheap.

QDRHRSE
07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm having second thought's. I haven't really sold anything that was actually on the truck yet except for the SBTB which I found to be worth no S.O.P. power or ET. I'm going back to stock cats and headers too. I lost bottom end with the catless mids and I also saw 0 gains from JBA headers. I hate to say it but Terry told me so almost a year ago.

Oddly enough some guy from down south [Miss.] called me up and wants my Cobra. I drive my Cobra 1/3 as much as I drive my L, which is like every couple of weeks.....so I think the L might stay. It's funny how things work. Maybe I was meant to keep it.

gbgary
07-30-2006, 11:19 PM
cool. :tu: