PDA

View Full Version : I need some help, folks. Please.

Tex Arcana
06-14-2006, 01:05 PM
My little home project has stalled, because we had to axe the concrete/foundation contractor. THe crawdads're happy, but now I gotta find someone to either finish the foundation, or at least point me in the right direction toward someone who can do concrete work at our direction, and according to our plans. THey also should ne reasonable and willing to do what we want.

Any of y'all have anything that can help, please call at 214-385-8547.

Thanks in advance.

PoorSvtman
06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
my neighbor dose side work.. ill see if he can get some of his guys to go out there.. dunno if he will tho.. He works for lofland...

Mark #2
06-14-2006, 05:36 PM
What kind of job is it?

The guy that worked with me on the WWFB garage worked with my anal self (I have accepted this trait after realizing there are so many worse than me, I think is a career choice thing now), so maybe.
Mark

Silver_2000
06-14-2006, 05:54 PM
if you geta decent contact hang on to it - I need to get my patio - and driveway and sidewalks done

Beaudee
06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Good concrete people are hard to find.Most dont now how to square a string line.For those who dont know any combination of 3 Ft,4Ft,5Ft..6-8-10,12-16-20.Etc..Its the sum of a perfect triangle.I hired a contracter to do a slab for me and a bunch of non english speeking drug addicts,homeless yahoos showed up,and i fired them 1 day later.I ended up taking a week off to train the next crew.What a nightmare,Good Luck!!:vomit:

Tex Arcana
06-14-2006, 09:24 PM
What kind of job is it?

The guy that worked with me on the WWFB garage worked with my anal self (I have accepted this trait after realizing there are so many worse than me, I think is a career choice thing now), so maybe.
Mark

Gimme a name and number ASAP!! :d

Pier-and-beam foundation under the living quarters, garage slab/stem walls for the workshop. Foundation is designed and approved, so specs aren't changing.

Do you trust him, or does he need to be supervised closely?

Tex Arcana
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
if you geta decent contact hang on to it - I need to get my patio - and driveway and sidewalks done

No kidding.. good work like this is HARD to find.

And if ANYONE needs a great carpenter, Steve's your man--we trust him enough to be the contractor, even if the name on that line is mine.

Tex Arcana
06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Good concrete people are hard to find.Most dont now how to square a string line.For those who dont know any combination of 3 Ft,4Ft,5Ft..6-8-10,12-16-20.Etc..Its the sum of a perfect triangle.I hired a contracter to do a slab for me and a bunch of non english speeking drug addicts,homeless yahoos showed up,and i fired them 1 day later.I ended up taking a week off to train the next crew.What a nightmare,Good Luck!!:vomit:

What kills me is the came on like gangbusters, and make alot of progress in a few days; then they started scratching around like they were just trying to look busy. Not to mention they obviously didn't know how to set up a pier-and-beam--they were trying to set this up to pour all in one shot, when it needed to be set up in three pours, and they were trying to get away with making it ALL monolithic. Wrong!

Tex Arcana
06-14-2006, 09:33 PM
my neighbor dose side work.. ill see if he can get some of his guys to go out there.. dunno if he will tho.. He works for lofland...

Maybe that can work, if they can't do it as a crew/company, maybe 2 or 3 can come out during the pours to do that part of the work.

Tex Arcana
06-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Guys, please get me the information asap, we're at a point where we need to make a decision and commit to it. I really appreciate all youre efforts, I'll ahve to buy y'all some :beer: at the next GTG.

Mark #2
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Guys, please get me the information asap, we're at a point where we need to make a decision and commit to it. I really appreciate all youre efforts, I'll ahve to buy y'all some :beer: at the next GTG.
I have a file on the garage/shop thought it was at the house, but it must be at work. I will look tomorrow.

Tex Arcana
06-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I have a file on the garage/shop thought it was at the house, but it must be at work. I will look tomorrow.
That's a beer for you.. who's next? :D

Tex Arcana
06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Bump... guys, I really need this information... please?

Mark #2
06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Woodcraft Buildings - (817) 277-8737 - 921 W Mayfield Rd, Arlington, TX 76015

Mike M is the guy that worked with me, however he has left and gone on to bigger and better things. See below.

http://www.tuffshed.com/Press/Dallas_New_Location_6-6-03.pdf (http://www.tuffshed.com/Press/Dallas_New_Location_6-6-03.pdf)

It still might be worth a try.