PDA

View Full Version : Dyno's

dboat
06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Well I finally found a dyno up here that is relatively close by.. it has a Mustang dyno.. but isnt there a diff? and doesnt the Mustang normally show lower numbers?

Please advise.
Dana

L8 APEX
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Dynojets are the highest and cheapest, Mustang, and Superflow are more accurate is how I would put it. Brook did 413 on our Superflow and went the next day or two to a Dynojet and made 436 or so...:rolleyes:

Lyfisin
06-10-2006, 07:41 AM
I took my truck to the dynojet for a couple of reasons.

First, it was just comparing apples to apples. I went to the 2nd dyno because that's what others were using and I wanted to see how my truck compared to those who had their trucks done there. I'm not exactly sure what he means by cheaper. Maybe you can get better tune info from a Superflow. My truck certainly came out great.

Additionally, and I realize this is kind of vain, as much faith as I had in Terry, I was dissappointed with the 415/460 that I got on the Superflow. He explained everything to me as well as he could, but my capacity to understand in these matters is still pretty light. I took it down to the Dynojet to prove it to myself and to feel better about the money I just spent. I should have had more faith.

When Terry tuned my truck, he told me I'd probably get a 30-35 hp difference between the two and he was right. :) The dyno that I posted showed what a great job he did.

It was 415 on the Superflow and 449 on the Dynojet.

dboat
06-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I guess I am in for a letdown then.. is there any kind of an adjustment factor one can apply?
Dana

Tex Arcana
06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
I guess I am in for a letdown then.. is there any kind of an adjustment factor one can apply?
Dana
Tell 'em to print out the standard and corrected graphs/numbers, and feel better about which is higher. ;) Also make sure you go on a cool, dry day, so you can get the highest numbers you can--early in the mornign helps too.

I wouldn't call it "letdown", tho; just call it "information", and understand how they work, why they report the way they do, then adjust mentally for the bench racing later. :tu:

dboat
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Tell 'em to print out the standard and corrected graphs/numbers, and feel better about which is higher. ;) Also make sure you go on a cool, dry day, so you can get the highest numbers you can--early in the mornign helps too.

I wouldn't call it "letdown", tho; just call it "information", and understand how they work, why they report the way they do, then adjust mentally for the bench racing later. :tu:

Well I wanted to do it on Saturday.. the high temp for the day was about 60.. its not that hot up here to make a real big difference.

Dana

Tex Arcana
06-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I wanted to do it on Saturday.. the high temp for the day was about 60.. its not that hot up here to make a real big difference.

Dana
Damn, are you getting rain too?? Send it down here, we need it BAD. :(

Did you do the dyno? Where are the scans?

dboat
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Damn, are you getting rain too?? Send it down here, we need it BAD. :(

Did you do the dyno? Where are the scans?

We got a sprinkling last week, but have scattered storm due this week.. this place is a lot wetter than Dallas but not as wet as Houston.

I am having to water the yard a bit right now..

They were too busy to dyno on Sat.. so I have to set it up for later.. This Sat, I have to have the final touches put on a new mod for the truck..
Dana

L-Fever
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Dana, what are your engine mods?

dboat
06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Dana, what are your engine mods?

See my sig for all my mods.. although I will need to post up a couple of new ones after this weekend.. :banana:

Here is my last dyno run many many moons ago..

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4676&cat=500&ppuser=238

Dana

Tex Arcana
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I am having to water the yard a bit right now..

Oh, gee, that's gotta hurt... :tongue:

My poor yard is going to hate me, they had to cut the control lines to the irrigation to dig the trenches for the grade beams, and they won't get fixed 'til the foundation is done. As it is, I have to break watering restrictions to water the transplanted trees. :(

dboat
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh, gee, that's gotta hurt... :tongue:

My poor yard is going to hate me, they had to cut the control lines to the irrigation to dig the trenches for the grade beams, and they won't get fixed 'til the foundation is done. As it is, I have to break watering restrictions to water the transplanted trees. :(

it hurts a little.. but not like it did in Dallas.. I used to have water bills in the $200-$300 dollar range..

Dana

dboat
06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
The place specializes in the new Mustang.. they did ask if I had a separate bung welded in the exhaust for an 02 sensor.. so that part seemed good.. except I dont have one.. been using the sniffer when I did the dyno..

Dana