PDA

View Full Version : Turned 40K

L8 APEX
05-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Rolled 40K yesterday. I have been driving on a stock tune for 5K miles and it really sucks. The EGR or something has the truck surging at idle and PT. SCT has been hassling me on the programming code for my truck for the last 2 months. Everything else has been great with the truck it is one best I may ever own.

Lyfisin
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Cool. I'm glad you still like it after 40k miles. I've had a bunch of cars that I loved when I bought them but then thought they were horrible a year or two later.

DamonH
05-24-2006, 12:07 PM
So you haven't had any of the dreaded 6.0 problems that the Cummins cheerleaders seem to jump all over? That's good to hear.

L8 APEX
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
The EGR is my only complaint. When I turn it off in the tune it is great. On stock tune the EGR messes up every 5-7K miles. It leaks a little oil from a sensor above the bell housing. But it has been a good 6_Oh. I will flog it until it blows or makes 100K miles then I will trade it off before the warranty expires. Their new 6.4L worries me a little with the BorgWarner turbo I really prefer a Garret or better known manuf. The overall pkg is the best truck I could buy. The GM trucks rattle apart and doors sag, the Dodges have ugly interiors. Ford has the best interior and overall truck. Cummins has the best engine and GM has the best transmission with their Allison.

wesman
05-26-2006, 01:12 PM
DAmn, you're trucking right along.....haha trucking...man I'm funny :rll: :rll:

Seriously tho, you're not even at 1/10th life with that thing. It seems to be built pretty well.

Here's to many more years and miles of ownership enjoyment :beer:

--wes

L8 APEX
05-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Highway miles are generally easy miles on any type of vehicle. Ford and International quote the engine life to 300K plus. But that pretty much just goes for the engine. Everything else is probably good for 160-200K. The brakes are well sized for the truck. At 40K the pads are still 75% thickness even with moderate towing use. If all goes well I will be able to trade into a crew cab or long bed in about two years. Never enough room for people or junk. My favorite addition to date is the TFI fuel tank. I would have gone insane buying 25gallons at a time by now:hammer: . The stereo/navigation and dynamat are my second favorite. The interior is very quiet for long road trips and the navi keeps me on the right track generally. I use to have to slow down below 70 to speak on the phone in my Lightnings and Vettes, now I can roll 80+ and hear fine no road noise.

Moonshine
05-27-2006, 06:50 PM
+1 on the TFI as the favorite mod to date. PIAA lights and EGR gauge are also up there, but the TFI is the shizzle. :tu: